Views on De Rosa Avant

Adeyman
Adeyman Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in Road beginners
Hi everybody

I'm an older but very fit cyclist poised to upgrade my bike.

I do fastish (18mph) 30 mile rides 5 times a week on fairly hilly terrain.

The De Rosa Avant has been recommended to me as a good candidate and I'd be grateful for any opinions on this bike.

Thanks

Comments

• Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I don't think you can go wrong with <i>any</i> De Rosa, really nice looking bikes as well!!

SNAPS
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeyman</i>

Hi everybody

I'm an older but very fit cyclist poised to upgrade my bike.

I do fastish (18mph) 30 mile rides 5 times a week on fairly hilly terrain.

The De Rosa Avant has been recommended to me as a good candidate and I'd be grateful for any opinions on this bike.

Thanks
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I bought one a few months back and I haven't stopped smiling since [;)]

Big H

3 Grand Bike, 30 bob legs!

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • I've got two De Rosa bikes (and have owned two others) and I'd definitely recommend them. Great frames that ride beautifully.
  • ashbyalien
    ashbyalien Posts: 609
    i agree, the more i ride my de rosa the more i like it. the best road bike i've ever had!

<font size="1"><font color="red">www.myspace.com/sfcv2</font id="red"></font id="size1">
  • Adeyman
    Thanks guys.

I've looked at the bike and really like it. The LBS needs to get one in in my size for me to try. Subject to that I guess I'll go ahead and do the deal!
  • I have one and it's superb, much better than the Cannondale Six13 that I had, which in itself is a very good bike. I bought the frameset from comobike,com in ITaly, saved œ300 of the frameset alone.

My bikes - http://flickr.com/photos/82587774@N00/
  • Adeyman
    One last question:

I'm thinking about trying occasional time trials (in a low key amateur way!).

Will the bike be good for this?

Thanks.
  • Adeyman - it's a race bike so it should be fine for time trials. If you're doing them in a low key way then it's ideal. Should you find you enjoy them and want to start improving your times then you may find you'll want a specific time trial bike but you should cross that bridge when you get to it.