Pro Tour Pundit : Dauphine Libere

Unknown
edited June 2007 in Pro race
Here we go again. Will I embarrass myself again and get a pathetic score? Hope not as this is one of my favourite races.

Start List

http://www.cycling4all.com/r07rdali.php

Official Site

http://criterium.ledauphine.com/criteri ... rcours.php

Comments

• Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    At last! FdeJ have put out a half decent team - good to see Gilbert listed as riding. [:)] I also spied a CA version of the 2007 yellow jersey being sold by prendas - looking at their lineup I would say "wishful thinking" in the extreme [;)]

Sorry, haven't decided yet, but thought I'd just have a chat. [:)]
  • andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    Hi there.

I haven't figured this one out yet either, but I've an email from afx saying that he wants Kloden for the GC. So that's his vote in then.

Cheers, Andy

http://www.stirlingtri.co.uk
  • millar time
    millar time Posts: 392
    Hmm I'll have Alberto Contador for GC.
  • Gragi
    Gragi Posts: 448
    IS Kloeden riding? Couldn't see him in the list of riders on the official web-site. I'm going to be boring and go for Vinokourov
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,187
    Overall: Cadel Evans

Prologue: David Millar (who I fancy to do well on GC)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Cheshire_Cat
    Cheshire_Cat Posts: 464
    Hi,

Overall: Christophe Moreau

Prologue: David Zabriskie

Thanks!
  • miffedcp
    miffedcp Posts: 315
    Overall: Vino
    Prologue: its Millar time
  • hot rod
    hot rod Posts: 412
    Prologue - Zabriskie
    overall - Leipheimer
  • I know he's old but..

GC: Moreau

Prologue: Millar

I notice T-Mob have become 'Team Aldag'; on C4All...!

Did you get planning permission for that sense of humour bypass?
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    Let's see if this clean PTP works.

GC: Fabian Wegmann
    Prologue: Bradley Wiggins - I know there is a lot of debate about him, but he is supposed to be the fastest in the world over 4k
    Stage 1: Philippe Gilbert

Now watch me get laughed out of the (virtual) town for such idealism!

I hope all these guys start as I'm going to be away for the weekend so it's unlikely I'll be able to make amendments.

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

<font size="1">Pink Bananarama!!
    ContrelaMontre 310
    Noodley 237</font id="size1">

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • ContrelaMontre
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

At last! FdeJ have put out a half decent team - good to see Gilbert listed as riding. [:)] I also spied a CA version of the 2007 yellow jersey being sold by prendas - looking at their lineup I would say "wishful thinking" in the extreme [;)]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I know you were just waiting to see my picks! Well now I've gone for a few ousiders perhaps you've got a chance to catch up in PBL (Pink Bananaguard League) by picking those with the different bread and water suppliers![;)][}:)]

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

ContrelaMontre 310

• pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

Credit Agricole are the sponsors of the Dauphine leaders jersey, in addition to the cycling team. In similar way, Credit Lyonais sponsor the Tour leaders jersey.

http://tinyurl.com/332edp
    http://tinyurl.com/2nu7r3
  • Overall:Andrey Kashechkin

Prologue: David Millar

I predictor Lotto... I predictor Lotto!
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • Overall: Denis Menchov
    Prologue: David Zabriskie
  • Noodley
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pat1</i>
    Credit Agricole are the sponsors of the Dauphine leaders jersey, in addition to the cycling team. In similar way, Credit Lyonais sponsor the Tour leaders jersey.

http://tinyurl.com/332edp
    http://tinyurl.com/2nu7r3

<Homer Simpson> Doh! <Homer Simpson> so they are [:I]
  • Noodley
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ContrelaMontre</i>

Let's see if this clean PTP works.

GC: Fabian Wegmann
    Prologue: Bradley Wiggins - I know there is a lot of debate about him, but he is supposed to be the fastest in the world over 4k
    Stage 1: Philippe Gilbert

Now watch me get laughed out of the (virtual) town for such idealism!

I hope all these guys start as I'm going to be away for the weekend so it's unlikely I'll be able to make amendments.

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

ContrelaMontre 310

I was looking at Wegmann as an option for GC as well. Seriously. But now I'll have to change. [;)]
  • Noodley
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Calvjones</i>

I know he's old but..

GC: Moreau

I notice T-Mob have become 'Team Aldag'; on C4All...!

Did you get planning permission for that sense of humour bypass?

It won't be long that cycling4all will have to change the name of the website to cycling4thoseintheknowwhocanbebotheredto followeverydopingallegationandwedon'twantanynewcomerstothesporttotakeaninterestinprocycling.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noodley</i>

It won't be long that cycling4all will have to change the name of the website to cycling4thoseintheknowwhocanbebotheredto followeverydopingallegationandwedon'twantanynewcomerstothesporttotakeaninterestinprocycling.

I notice there are several discrepancies between the rider listing on the C4All site and the official site.............probably the official start list is the one to go with.........no need to decipher the "dodgy teams" either:

http://criterium.ledauphine.com/criterium07/equipes.php

===========================================================================
    http://www.ccluton.com (It's a lifestyle!!)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Overall - Leipheimer
    Prologue - Millar
  • Overall: Menchov
  • Noodley
    ok, no point trying to think too long and hard as whoever I pick will have a "stinker", so

GC: Menchov
    Prologue: Dave Z
  • ContrelaMontre

ok, no point trying to think too long and hard as whoever I pick will have a "stinker", so

GC: Menchov
    Prologue: Dave Z

The PBL could look a lot different in a week or so's time! Controversially different choices, not like the Giro!

Anyway, I'm off for a weekend climbing on the sunny Dorset coast, so have fun without me!

Hmm, what smiley would be appropriate?

Lots of these I think...

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Herd of gnus?
    No! What's the news?

ContrelaMontre 310

• Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    GC - Cadel Evans
    Prologue - Millar

Many thanks

Greg

...The Invisible Cyclist...
  • yace
    yace Posts: 351
    OverallϤDenis Menchov
  • Overall winner- Alejandero Valverde

Prologue winner- David Millar

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.
  • millar time
    millar time Posts: 392
  • Overall: Leipheimer
    Prologue: Hincapie
  • Gragi
    Gragi Posts: 448
    Stage 1: Boonen
    Stage 2: Gilbert (I love the way they list him as French on the web-site!)
    Stage 3: Vinokourov
    Stage 4 (Ventoux): Valverde
    Stage 5: Valjavec
    Stage 6: Kashechkin
    Stage 7: Nuyens

Overall: Vinokourov (as posted already)
  • graham56
    graham56 Posts: 634
    GC: Cadel Evans

Ta

It`s a state of mind.
  • paulwood
    paulwood Posts: 231
    I am out in France next week, staying on the route for Saturdays stage :-)

Won't be wearing the devil suit though