embarassing, potentially

peejay78
peejay78 Posts: 3,378
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
not really, but:

you know it's gone past the realms of "hobby" and into "obsession" when you read a post saying lidl have a gift pack history of the TDF DVD and book combo for œ4.99, then go straight to lidl.com, check the opening times and hare off there at 8.30 solely to buy one.

slightly separate to this:
on my return i skidded to a halt on my fixie and a small east end street urchin said "can you do tricks on that" and i said yes, and he said, "go on then" so i did a one handed trackstand, and he said "that's crap, really crap, and your bike has no brakes, you're crap". he can't have been more than 4 years old. where's the bonj when you need him?

winter: http://tinyurl.com/2xkbbs
summer: http://tinyurl.com/2hsagv

Comments

• father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    You should have wrapped the chain around the chav's neck. :-)

<font size="1">
    Giant OCR-1 2005 | 2 x Cateye HL EL-500 | Cateye HL-EL400 | 2x Cateye TL-1000 | Lizard Skin chainstay protector | Cateye micro wireless computer | Laseredge Bikelights | Electron 5W+10W </font id="size1">
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • Wogan
    Wogan Posts: 203
    Sounds like you're addicted peejay and it won't help that the biggest fix in the world is coming to town in 4 weeks...careful you don't OD on foam T-mobile hands. [;)]
    <font>Hemingway Soapbags</font>
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    but he was right - track stands ARE crap [;)]

now, what was that you were saying about DVDs? [:I]
  • ashbyalien
    ashbyalien Posts: 609
    for some reason that made me laugh.

it could be worse though, it could have been a trackstand like the scooter advert with del piero in it.

<font size="1"><font color="red">www.myspace.com/sfcv2</font id="red"></font id="size1">
  • Tony666
    Tony666 Posts: 274
    Blast and I can't get to lidl until the weekend [:D]
  • rustychisel
    rustychisel Posts: 3,444
    aye Jimmy, but can ye wheelstand?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I'm only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption