Professional Cyclists are

Unknown
edited December 1969 in Pro race
the hardest, toughest, bravest sportsmen in the world! Putting the doping situation out of mind for a moment, - I/ we gotta admire these guys here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5wPEymv-oQ&NR=1

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.

Comments

• Mr Bumble
    Mr Bumble Posts: 572
    I could have guessed that you would use that clip of Andy Hampsten on the Gavia:

Epic- only word for the sport[^]
  • I still remember reading about that in 88 as an awe-struck teenager who desperately wanted to be able to climb like Hampsten....

I'm planning on doing this for my upcoming midlife crisis.

http://www.cinghiale.com/tours/2007/dolomiti.htm

Riding with Andy, good food and those minor Italian hills - Ahhhh...
  • wildmoustache
    wildmoustache Posts: 4,010
    damn right! the doping makes it faster, not easier!
  • doping is good [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    make cycling more enjoyable.
    remeber Basso wiping the entire peleton not even breaking a sweat
    bravo GSK!!!!
    I reached the decision to go on the offensive - to put a check on government abuse of power, where others had failed in stopping the federal juggernaut running amok

Timothy McVeigh
  • redbicycle
    redbicycle Posts: 271
    yes, but Hampsten didn't win the Gavia stage in '88 - Eric Bruekink did! Hampsten, of course, did take control of the Giro that day however...
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by iainf72</i>

I still remember reading about that in 88 as an awe-struck teenager who desperately wanted to be able to climb like Hampsten....

I'm planning on doing this for my upcoming midlife crisis.

http://www.cinghiale.com/tours/2007/dolomiti.htm

Riding with Andy, good food and those minor Italian hills - Ahhhh...

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Iain,
    The Dolomite Tour looks absolutely great. Ask Andy H a ton of questions and report back to us here [:)]

________Our behaviour is a function of our experience.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by redbicycle</i>

yes, but Hampsten didn't win the Gavia stage in '88 - Eric Bruekink did! Hampsten, of course, did take control of the Giro that day however...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I read an interview with Andy Hampsten about this day in, I think, Cycle Sport. Bruce Hildenbrand was the interviewer. It seems Peter Post wouldn't let Breukink have a rain jacket or gloves so his hands were frozen and he couldn't brake so he passed Hampsten on the descent. [:0]

A truly epic day.

I'm doing the Gavia from that side two weeks on Sunday. I'm hoping for decent weather.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    GF Marco Pantani?

<font color="black">london</font id="black"><font color="red">phoenix</font id="red"><font color="black">.co.uk</font id="black">
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ricadus</i>

GF Marco Pantani?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Yep. You did it last year I think?
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    No, I was going to do it this year, bookending a week in Italian mountains with that one and the Maratona, but work schedules - i.e. other people not hitting key dates - meant I had to shift things back a week.

Next year, maybe...

Still doing the Maratona, though.

<font color="black">london</font id="black"><font color="red">phoenix</font id="red"><font color="black">.co.uk</font id="black">
  • I'll let you know how I get on then. I did the Maratona back in 2000, a great event with some stunning scenery. It's tough though, especially the Giau.