Massive dilemma

domtyler
domtyler Posts: 2,648
edited December 1969 in Road beginners
I have recently killed my wife and cashed in the life insurance.
I have ?250,000 to spend after paying off the mortgage, what shall I get? I have to replace the patio first but otherwise it can all go on bike stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Porridge not Petrol
________
Swed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Porridge not Petrol

Comments

• BigBren
    BigBren Posts: 145
    Well done on killing the wife domtyler and welcome to the forum.

Whilst œ250,000 is a decent budget for a starter bike, you'll probably need to stretch it to œ300,000 to get something really special. Do you have any children or kidneys you could sell to make up the shortfall?

Bren
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    i suggest you get one of the new rapha fixed jerseys. this will leave you just enough change for a halfords apollo.

winter: http://tinyurl.com/2xkbbs
    summer: http://tinyurl.com/2hsagv
  • Homebase are doing some really good deals on paving this week

Mleh Mleh Mleh
  • Norvcp
    Norvcp Posts: 1,485
    And you guys think he's joking...

"Prejudice burns brighter when it's all we have to burn"

"Prejudice burns brighter when it\'s all we have to burn"
  • lardarse rider
    lardarse rider Posts: 1,447
    Ironically, my wife recently killed me for the insurance money. Since my death, I have tried many of these fancy, new fangled materials that they use for bikes nowadays but, have found a good old fashioned cloud is the best way to get around. It is fast and light and climbs like a dream. The only drawback is it evaporates very quickly causing me to occasionally plummet into the pit of fire.

P.S I don't wear a helmet.

Please be upstanding for the Mayor of Simpleton

I\'m pushing the pedals on my season cycle
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    You really need some sound advise in order to make the right selection - I'm prepared to offer my extensive experience and knowledge to help you with this difficult decision. I will PM you shortly with details on my bank account in Lagos and instructions on how to ensure your money will be in safe hands. I know some ver good Polish builders who will do an excellent job on your pation too....I'll be in touch
  • rich_pcp
    rich_pcp Posts: 113
    I am an ex employee of Fred West Patios Ltd and I urge you to let me give you a competetive quote. I have extensive experience in this field.
  • Fnaar
    Fnaar Posts: 1,985
    Leave your wife's bottom sticking up through the patio, and you have somewhere to park your bike [:)]

<b><font color="blue"><font face="Comic Sans MS">kinckers kanckers konckers</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="blue"></b> [:D]
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited February 2011
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fnaar</i>
    Leave your wife's bottom sticking up through the patio, and you have somewhere to park your bike [:)]

<b><font color="blue"><font face="Comic Sans MS">kinckers kanckers konckers</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="blue"></b> [:D]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Great idea Fnaar, unfortunately it is too late for that. She was a big Smiths fan in her day so as a final mark of respect I whacked an ornamental Gladioli in there.

Monty D, I am interested. I can send you the money through Western Union straight away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
    ________
    Amber Trichomes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • Cesii
    Cesii Posts: 22
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lardarse rider</i>

have found a good old fashioned cloud is the best way to get around. It is fast and light and climbs like a dream. The only drawback is it evaporates very quickly causing me to occasionally plummet into the pit of fire.

P.S I don't wear a helmet.

Please be upstanding for the Mayor of Simpleton
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Aw, you poor thing, here , have a nice cup of tea

I see elephants
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    I see elephants
    Pimp my Duchamp
  • I work for a drugs company, or at least I do for another 12 weeks, one of the branches of the company makes an EPO. So I suggest you buy my old racing bike (lets say œ100), then spend the rest on doping products which I could probably get hold of, nudge, nudge, say no more[;)]

You will be riding a s<font face="Andale Mono">hi</font id="Andale Mono">te bike, but that will just confound your mates as you tear off up everything like a rat up a drain-pipe[^] The other advantage is, you will be so wacked off your head you won't remember you were married, so won't feel sudden guilt pangs[:D]

This is strictly between us mind, I know where you live and I seem to remember the patio was plenty big enough for two[}:)]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26011722@N00/