Kuota Kharma

stethe40somthingbiker
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
I am taking the advice of people who kindly replied to my post under "ribble" and are going to visit Paul Hewitt cycles, hopefully next Saturday.

I have had a chat on the phone with one of the guys there and has suggested that a Kuota Kharma may suit my requirments. Does anyone have a comment to make on this machine. How does in compare to say the Specialized Roubaix.

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I test rode one in December, liked it over the Spesh Tarmac but ultimately preferred the Wilier Mortirolo. Great looking bike though, stiff and comfy but not as "whippy" as the Wilier if you know what I mean!

My Best Bike
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    I've had one for a couple of years and can't really fault it. I do the majority of my riding on small country lanes and it absorbs the bumps well. I haven't ridden a Spesh to compare, but I don't think I'd swap anyway.

Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Sworkscp
    Sworkscp Posts: 113
    The Roubaix is a more compliant frame,it is as comfortable if not more so than the Kuota,but more responsive.

I have an S-Work's Tarmac and it's VERY responsive BUT a tad stiff for rough roads....its depends what you want from the bike...all's I will say is look how overbuilt the Kuota is in order to acheive what its trying to do[;)]
  • aarwcp
    aarwcp Posts: 258
    had the new Kuota Kharma frame to race on for the first 2 months of the season this year. I really enjoyed it, very responsive, re-assuring handling yet still very racy and comfortable.

mine got wrecked ina bad race crash, i'm still in mourning....

thinking about a kebel now.

If you want any re-assurance on the new Kharma get this weeks C Weekly.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=list& ... rid=159638
  • walkercp
    walkercp Posts: 1,012
    there is a full review against the two bikes in this weeks comic

Rhino's are the new Elephant
    Baby Elephants - free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives
  • clc2005
    clc2005 Posts: 186
    stethe40somthingbiker

I may be getting rid of a Kuota Kharma Frameset which I got new from Parkers in February this year in Size L (55cm seat tube & top tube c-c), Colour Natural Carbon as the frame is not the right size and causes me pain every time I ride. The frame is an 06-07 model according to the distributor DH Williams which basically means it is made from 3K weave carbon, has curved Chainstays & Seatstays and straight Power Forks with a Carbon steerer. It is a shame the bike doesn't fit as it does ride very well indeed and weighs 16.5lb with my build.