Marc Almond

2»

Comments

• gillan1969
    gillan1969 Posts: 3,119
    were you red wedged up??????

www.squadraporcini.com
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tourist Tony</i>

I prefer the Profanisaurus definition of an Almond:
    "An Imperial measure of se<i></i>men; a stomachful.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Yes, but is that rumour <i>true</i>?

For reasons I am unable to put my finger on, I'd really like it to be...
  • billsters
    billsters Posts: 134
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flying_Monkey</i>

Anyone who's not been moved by Robert Wyatt's version of 'Shipbuilding' (possibly the greatest cover version ever) or cares that completely flies in the face of musical training, is not quite human IMHO.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Yes, I love his flat, whiney singing! And I agree with your previous post which conveys what I was trying to say, but more eloquently.

And the rumour about Marc Almond and the stomach full of semen is an urban myth.
  • gillan1969
    gillan1969 Posts: 3,119
    for those with an enquiring mind...........

i remember the 'rumour' whilst being a soft cell fan at a military school (you may be able to imagine the ridicule to which I was subject) and sort of thought then...eh...why would you..eh..actually analyse the contens and eh...how would you be able to tell without some sort of dna test and eh.....

confirmed when the same story surfaced about both jimmy sommerville and the boy from erasure (andty bell)

just shows you....homophobia alive and well and masquerading as an urban myth

obvioulsy its impossible to be gay and not be shagging animals

www.squadraporcini.com
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    Ta!

If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • emu
    emu Posts: 161
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just as people who enjoy your work keep you in business. Presumably<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Assuming you pay the TV License - your license fee contributes to my salary.

"What is art?" What people do and don't like is subjective of course. Doesn't get away from the fact that Marc Almond's performance on Friday Night is Music Night was cringingly out of tune. And Billsters, he doesn't sing flat. He sings sharp! Which is an art in itself.
  • billsters
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by emu</i>
    "What is art?" What people do and don't like is subjective of course. Doesn't get away from the fact that Marc Almond's performance on Friday Night is Music Night was cringingly out of tune. And Billsters, he doesn't sing flat. He sings sharp! Which is an art in itself.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I don't recall saying he sang "flat", and please stop trying to "teach" me. As you say, what we like is subjective.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by billsters</i>

...And the rumour about Marc Almond and the stomach full of semen is an urban myth.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Shame. It would have been rather heroic [:p]
  • billsters
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NickM</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by billsters</i>

...And the rumour about Marc Almond and the stomach full of semen is an urban myth.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Shame. It would have been rather heroic [:p]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    A friend who knows him said he was laughing off those stories in the 80s and early 90s, he is getting a bit weeed off with it now, though so please refer anyone who repeats the story to the page on stopes.com. It's a good site to bookmark, I tend to check any far-fetched story that happened to someone's uncle on there.