Stop! No, Go! No, Stop!

Archcp
Archcp Posts: 8,987
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
I'd been watching this white transit carefully since the previous junction, when it took a rather long time to get moving and the revving and crunching of gears suggested to me that it was a hire van being driven by someone not used to it...

So I wasn't surprised by the rather indecisive stuff here. Just watch the relationship between traffic light and brake lights, and where it ends up...

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/Sue ... nt=wvm.flv

Helmet cams are fun. Most of the time, it's pretty dull footage, but when you DO capture a numpty...[;)]

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.

Comments

• Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    Priceless, I thought the reverse light were going to come on!!

SNAPS
  • magnatom
    magnatom Posts: 492
    Oops. That looks like a 'oh, maybe I can make it..... maybe I better stop' type of hesitation. I hope you had an escape route in-case he decided to reverse!

You've got the helmet camera angled quite well to see the traffic now. You just need to get the horizontal sorted. Unless of course your neck was tired with the weight of the camera and you were lulling to the left side.....[:p][:D]
  • Archcp
    Archcp Posts: 8,987
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by magnatom</i>

Oops. That looks like a 'oh, maybe I can make it..... maybe I better stop' type of hesitation. I hope you had an escape route in-case he decided to reverse!

You've got the helmet camera angled quite well to see the traffic now. You just need to get the horizontal sorted. Unless of course your neck was tired with the weight of the camera and you were lulling to the left side.....[:p][:D]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, it might be a bit of that, it was at the end of a day teaching...[;)] No, actually, I think it's because the camera pulls the helmet over slightly, because it doesn't fit as snugly on my head as it perhaps should - I need to readjust the angle of the camera in the bracket to take account of it. But I'm planning to get a new helmet soon, which might fit better..

Otherwise, I'm getting together a nice collection of clips of pedestrians staring at me as I go by...[;)]

• The Bosscp
    The Bosscp Posts: 647
    It looks like he's exhibited that really annoying trait of thinking he can make it through the lights, but then realising he can't, and finding himself marooned too far forward to see the traffic lights he's supposed to be waiting at and so doesn't know when it's his turn to go again and has to be banged on the side of in order to set off again.
  • The Endorser
    The Endorser Posts: 191
    The driver doesn't seem to know how to work the handbrake either.

<i><b>Taking the moral high ground since 1969</b></i>
    <i><b>Commute - you might even enjoy it!</b></i>
  • Hairy Jock
    Hairy Jock Posts: 558
    Yep good one Sue.
    Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
    Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
    Also with the old C+ crowd at Cycle Chat.