HAC4/Hactronic users

Jonathan Mcp
Jonathan Mcp Posts: 2,472
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Is there a way of clearing the stored memory on a HAC4? My watch (bought 2nd hand) when used with Hactronic always comes up with data that shouldn't exist, like today, data from 27/6/07.

i think that it has been used in the past with an incorrect date set 9by previous owner) and I'm seeing some of their stuff.

Ideas appreciated.

<font size="1">It isn't growing up that stops us playing, it is stopping playing that makes us grow up.

Go and see my bikes</font id="size1">

Comments

• I had the same problem with mine, however I don't think there is a way of doing it at least there is none listed in the manual.
  • Jonathan Mcp
    Hmm, bit odd isn't it?

<font size="1">It isn't growing up that stops us playing, it is stopping playing that makes us grow up.

• JonSkids
    JonSkids Posts: 464
    It's quite well hidden in the manual (page 36)

Press the UR-key for 2 seconds to go into setting mode 1
    Move round the options using the UR-key until you see an 'r' (Total measurement reduction).

Press both the UL- and LL-keys simultaneously (to delete the data).

Press the UR-key for 2 seconds to exit setting mode 1
  • Jonathan Mcp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JonSkids</i>

It's quite well hidden in the manual (page 36)

Press the UR-key for 2 seconds to go into setting mode 1
    Move round the options using the UR-key until you see an 'r' (Total measurement reduction).

Press both the UL- and LL-keys simultaneously (to delete the data).

Press the UR-key for 2 seconds to exit setting mode 1

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Now I assumed that was just a reset of things such as mileage, tyre circumference etc. I'll give it a go though and see if it clears the memory. Thanks for the advice.

• JonSkids
    Let us know how you get on, I assumed from the instructions it was a complete reset.
  • Jonathan Mcp
    Seems to have worked Jon, just used it and it has only downloaded the expected data, no erroneus stuff, but I noticed that it didn't clear wheel circ etc, just the memory.

• JonSkids
    Oh well - did the job. Thanks for the update (and confirming that the HAC4 instructions are rather misleading).