sweat suit

bonescp
bonescp Posts: 181
edited June 2007 in Workshop
if i do a turbo session in a old water proof will the extra heat and sweat make me loose more weight.

john

Comments

• Garybee
    Garybee Posts: 815
    It will make you dehydrate. If you weigh yourself when you're finished you'll be lighter but dehydrating to lose weight is a particularly stupid thing to do.

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    Don't do it. It's what fighters do to "make a weight" - and then they drink again afterwards. And you can get really really ill of you overdo it - which, frankly, you probably will.

Wear as little as you can, it lets you cool and sweat freely, and then you can train harder in greater comfort.

<font size="1">
    <b>No longer looking for a pennyfarthing as I've got some powerbocks instead. Casualty here I come!</b>
    It is by will alone I set my ride in motion.</font id="size1">
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    I don't think you'll need anything to make you sweat on the turbo - just pedal harder if you think it's not enough. Any forced dehydration is dangerous as it can upset the electrolyte balance in your body causing all manner of problems.
  • bonescp
    cheers for the response i think ill just up the intensity of the turbo sesions,looking for a short cut but i suppose there isnt one but to work harder.

john
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    Afraid so old chap. If we could sweat fat, I'd be skinny.

<font size="1">
    <b>No longer looking for a pennyfarthing as I've got some powerbocks instead. Casualty here I come!</b>
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • bonescp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndyGates</i>

Afraid so old chap. If we could sweat fat, I'd be skinny.

<font size="1">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[:D][:D][:D][:D]