Multi Release Cleats

Aidocp
Aidocp Posts: 868
edited June 2007 in Workshop
On cleaning my PDM 424 I noticed that the cage on the left hand pedal had become detached, anyway I decided to replace them, the lbs was out of stock of them so Ive ended up buying PDM520's. I was going to replace my cleats too but Ive got multi release cleats (silver) and the one's with the new pedals are single release (black). Am I best to stick with what I know?

If I had a baby elephant, who would take it for walks?

Comments

• pbiggs
    pbiggs Posts: 9,232
    I think the Single Release ones make more sense because they're less likely to release by accident when pulling upwards. But if what you have is compatible (check that) and you're happy with them, then you might as well save yourself the bother of changing cleats.

<i>~Pete</i>
    <i>~Pete</i>
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    I'd stick with what you know. I've used multi-release cleats for 2 years, and they have never releases except for when I have wanted them to.

• I use multi release on the MTB's and normal on the roadie. But thats just me wanting to take my feet out in an emergency more often on the MTB. Prob best to stick with what you know.

My roadie

My pics
  • pbiggs
    pbiggs Posts: 9,232
    Note that the so-called Single release cleats actually release when heel is twisted inwards as well as outwards. Multi Release are designed to also release when pulling upwards.
    <i>~Pete</i>