Mail Order

RBSF
RBSF Posts: 91
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Mail order companies seem to come and go like autumn mushrooms. Also MO reputations seem to be about as stable as a learner on roller blades, Ribble out now, apparently, in; Wiggle in now out; Hinde out and trying to get back in. Which companies are still ok? The reason I ask is that I want to order some ShimaNO stuff quickly and want a 100% reliability guarantee. Don't say go to the LBS as I live abroad an Shimano prices a twice as high as the UK.

Comments

• pbiggs
    pbiggs Posts: 9,232
    Wiggle is still OK. Parker International is OK. DotBike is OK. Most eBay sellers are OK.

The world is your lobster! [:)]

<i>~Pete</i>
    <i>~Pete</i>
  • grimpeurcp
    grimpeurcp Posts: 3,043
    Never had problems with Parker International and spend œ1-2k with them each year.

Also never had any trouble with Chainreactioncycles.com or totalcycling.com
  • robgul
    robgul Posts: 1,651
    Try www.roseversand.de in Germany (website is in English too) - many prices are E = œ - so very good value. Excellent service

Rob

MacRide 2007 - 9 Sept at Stratford-on-Avon - raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support - 25/50 miles - & for 2007 MacRide 100Km (Audax style) Details: www.macride.org.uk

Rides at Stratford-on-Avon : www.shakespokes.org.uk - trivia at www.beewee.co.uk
    ----
    FGG 3726
  • bikeplus have always been good. likewise chain reaction, parkers, and merlin cycles for mtb stuff.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Hinde trying to get back in! Sorry but if charging people for goods and not sending them is him trying to get back in then I'd hate to see him when he didn't care.

Warning about well known bike shop removed at request of moderators.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    Consistently one of the best in Parker International - I've been dealing with them for 15 years, so no fly-by-night operation
  • msb123
    msb123 Posts: 274
    i rate parkers. a few weeks ago i ordered some bits for next day delivery at 11am, they were on the phone to explain that one of them wasn't in stock and offer alternatives (one cheaper one dearer) at 11.10, and i had the stuff at 08.50
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Another vote for Parkers and Chain Reaction. Both excellent service and price.

Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Parkers, ChainReaction, Ribble.....have ordered from all 3 over the years and more recently also used them to deliver bits'n bobs, including frame+forks, since moving to Oz. Only 1 drama which was professionally rectified so its unfair to name them - I'd continue to purchase from all 3. All items have arrived less than 1 week after the stated despatch date.

This is my bike:
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure001.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure002.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p66/ ... ure003.jpg
  • jw31
    jw31 Posts: 33
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Top_Bhoy</i>

Parkers, ChainReaction, Ribble.....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Have purchased from these with no problems, great service.
  • dakidcp
    dakidcp Posts: 744
    Still continue to order from Wiggle despite their problems. I've personally not had a problem with them (well, one problem with slow delivery, but their customer service was very well handled), and the prices and delivery are top notch.

<hr noshade size="1">"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    <i>Mark Twain</i>
    <hr noshade size="1">"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    <i>Mark Twain</i>
  • Pinarellofan
    Pinarellofan Posts: 1,519
    Ribble are quite variable in my experience, sometimes quick and sometimes achingly slow. recently ordered some tyres from them and it's been a week. how long does it take to throw a few tyres in a jiffy bag ?

I can undertsnad there being delays with larger more complex orders with bikes and special builds, but not off the shelf items.

in hindsight I should have used probikekit.com or cyclexpress.co.uk as they have given very quick and efficiecnt service.

maybe they should introduce a system like the ebay feedback system so we know which mail order suppliers to avoid and which to use.

Daniel
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    If Probikekit have what you want, they are great. Prices are good, and your order will usually arrive next day. Their website is live as well, so you can immediately see if something is in stock.

You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles
  • hevipedal
    hevipedal Posts: 2,475
    If wiggle have what I want I tend to order from them; rapid delivery and reliable. I ordered a new wheel set on Saturday afternoon and it was delivered on Monday morning.

<b><font color="red"> Hevipedal </font id="red"></b>
    Phrase of the week - <font color="red"><font size="3"><b> I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.
    It's got a basket, a bell that rings and
    Things to make it look good.
    I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.
    </font id="red"> </font id="size3"> </b>

51yrs old and Proud of it - Made it to 87kg 2 more to go for the target.
    Pedal to Paris Sept 2007
    Hevipedal
    It's not only people that are irrational; 1.4142135623730950488016887242096980785696718753769480731766797379907324784621
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    Parkers are great fast delivery and response times got lots of things from them and they have allways bee first class.

Wiggle are good for prices but I have found the service not as good as it ca be.

I ordered some STI shifters last week and a brake part was missing I have sent a few emails since last week and no reply but when your buying something from them they seem to reply, to me thats bad service.