Anyone ride a Pedalforce?

justyn_c_uk
justyn_c_uk Posts: 126
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Seeing as the ZX3 got bike of the year a couple of years ago. Does anyone ride one and is it worth importing a frame over from the US?

Cheers

'It's good enough for government work'
Please look at my handmade cycling cufflinks

Comments

• Grifcp
    Grifcp Posts: 283
    Even though I've not ridden one, I've signed up for the group buy on the 2008 ZX3...bit of a gamble, but the frame looks excellent and the geometry is good for me. There are also a lot of happy customers on bikeforums.net that took part in the last group buy for the RS frame. If it works out at $500 for the frame I recon your looking at about œ370 (frame only) to your door inc P+P customs etc...which looks a good deal to me.
  • justyn_c_uk
    I noticed that and on the Roadbikereview forums they were talking $800 for fork/frame and post I think, which with the weakness of the dolloar is excellent value. Everyone seemed really please with the group buy I just don't know I have that much money.

• Gimmer
    Gimmer Posts: 10
    I've got the QS2 (I think that's the right designation). It's the slightly more relaxed/sportive geometry. Great bike, really stiff, well made and excellent value. I paid around œ500 for frame, forks & seatpost, including delivery to a US address. I collected it and brought it over. I'd certainly buy another, and with the dollar/sterling exchange rate, it's even better value now.
  • Grifcp
    Grifcp Posts: 283
    Did you use the ordinary parcel post service Gimmer, or DHL, and how long did it take?
  • johnnocp
    johnnocp Posts: 112
    I've got an RS bought on a groupbuy,waitin for bits to put it together.Got Frame and forks for $550.Sent to US address and sent on to me as a ''GIFT''which I suppose it was for that money!
    Pedal Force were fine to deal with too.
  • justyn_c_uk
    johnno,

How much was the shipping to the UK? Cheers.

• johnnocp
    johnnocp Posts: 112
    Hi justyn
    I had it sent to mrs johnno's sister who sent it on to me here in Ireland,regular US Post I believe.As Far as i remember there is a place on the pedal Force site where they give the different rates etc.Oh yeah, now that I remember,thay sent me the forks separately,direct to Ireland.That cost $18.00 .Talk to Ming,he/she is very helpful.