A British Tour de France team!

2»

Comments

• mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    I always thought there is benefit in putting public money in a pro cycling team (maybe 50% anyway!)

big benefits...
    - saves NHS shed loads even if it reduces 5% of bariatric surgery!
    - councils etc pay a lot for health campaigns
    - look at the bike sale impact of this years cycling success... probably worth at least £10m in VAT alone

... none of that is factually based..
  • If money was not a problem (i.e. you didn't need to recoup your expenditure or justify the expense to shareholder/wife) why not sponsor a British womens team. God knows, we've got the talent and that area needs the stability of a big team.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Mr Bumble wrote:
    I hope the team kit is not made by Rapha or else I would never be able to afford it[:p][}:)][:D]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    This thread is incredible.
  • It is a bit "Road General".
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    If money was not a problem (i.e. you didn't need to recoup your expenditure or justify the expense to shareholder/wife) why not sponsor a British womens team. God knows, we've got the talent and that area needs the stability of a big team.

Hmm I like it.

A dozen ladies in lycra and me the big finance backer?

Tally-ho ladies the hot tub is awaiting!!
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    If money was not a problem (i.e. you didn't need to recoup your expenditure or justify the expense to shareholder/wife) why not sponsor a British womens team. God knows, we've got the talent and that area needs the stability of a big team.

Hmm I like it.

A dozen ladies in lycra and me the big finance backer?

Tally-ho ladies the hot tub is awaiting!!

You are Sir Jimmy and I claim my £5 8)
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    Possible sponsor option: Must be a few doing well in the UK, although presumably if riders received payment partly as benefit in kind there would be a tax liability!

"Cash-strapped Greek football teams have found new ways of raising money. Players for the amateur team Voukefalas Larissa are now wearing pink jerseys, adorned with the logos of two local brothels.

Luckily for the Larissa football team, "Villa Erotica" and "Soula's House of History" have stepped in ......Bordellos have fared better than many other businesses during the financial meltdown in Greece".
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    Great retro reading. Thought spen666 was back for a minute.