Sudbury area ride wanted

Does anyone know a decent route that take in Clare and Stoke-by-Clare areas, as I hear this area has some of the bigger hills in the area.

Many thanks

Comments

• mossycp
    mossycp Posts: 233
    There's one or two on Bikely

http://www.bikely.com/listpaths/srchkey/Sudbury/country/253 An interesting one called Silly Hills seems to be quite hilly. The area around Bildeston is also reasonably hilly.
    You're never going to get much in the way of hills in Suffolk though. Just find the valleys and zig zag up and down the sides.

<font color="blue"><h5>Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}</h5></font id="blue">
    Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}
  • Chris_Who
    Chris_Who Posts: 137
    There's a nice steep hill at Hartest en route to Bury ISTR

Fat people are so insensitive

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chris_Who</i>

There's a nice steep hill at Hartest en route to Bury ISTR

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here, but what is Bury ISTR?

also, any idea what road it is?

Cheers
  • mossycp
    mossycp Posts: 233
    Oooh, that's looks like a good one. It's only the 3rd single chevron I've found on a road in Suffolk! Looks like it's on the road from Hartest to Shimpling/Stanstead.

I too am intrigued by what ISTR means?

<font color="blue"><h5>Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}</h5></font id="blue">
    Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}
  • Looking on the map, that road is called "Hartest Hill"!