Ideal Presta pump? Please?

hopeful
hopeful Posts: 76
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
Can anyone recommend a decent Presta pump? I have a floor-stand pump with adaptors for various devices and the Presta connector seems, to say the least, hit and miss. Occasionally, I get it just right, but life's too short for the messing around that it takes most of the time. Is there a Presta pump that just fits nicely over the valve and does the job quickly. And could it be cheap-ish as well, or is that really asking too much?
Thanks.

Comments

• zoggz
    zoggz Posts: 58
    decathlon clever 7000..œ13.50 in christmas sale.does the job well.no need for any unnecessary expense matey
  • WrenchForce Air Daddy. Lifetie guarentee LBS has one in workshop and they last them ages pumping 100 tyres a week
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • You could buy one of these to fit to your existing pump?

i rate the Topeak Floor Pumps. Been using one for years now and never treated it very well and its still going strong

Mleh Mleh Mleh
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    I cant compare it with anything other makes but I bought one of these Revolution Pumps earlier this year, it has a clever valve and never costed too much at the time. It silly really but what I liked about was its guage is at the top and its certainly done the job for me.

If I had a baby elephant, who would take it for walks?
  • hopeful
    Many, many thanks, guys. There are obviously more options than I'd imagined, every one of them better than my present crappy effort, so I'll chase them up now.
    All the best.
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    That topeak twinhead thingy looks like just what I am looking for - my cheap track pump works well on the boyfriend's schraeder valved tyres, but (even with the presta adapter) doesn't fit nicely on my prestas, you can hear the air escaping and much fiddling is involved.

Whereas my topeak pocket rocket minipump fits really nicely without any fiddling, so if I could get a connection like that, with the power of a track pump, then I'd be laughing. Have ordered the topeak thing - thanks!
  • hopeful
    Got a floor pump that goes straight onto the Presta valve, no adaptors needed. Can't believe the difference it makes.
    Thanks for everyone's help.