Ultra-torque CT Crank

GaryGkn
GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Will normal 10 speed Centaur shifters work with the new Campagnolo Centaur 10sp 2007 Ultra-torque CT Crankset 2007? Or must you use the QS Levers.

Comments

• spartacuscp
    spartacuscp Posts: 151
    A club mate used 06 record ergo with a new 07 (ultra torque ) record compact chainset with no problems.

Enthusiasm over ability every time
    Enthusiasm over ability every time
  • GaryGkn
    That sounds good to me hopefully Centaur 06 10 speed will work with 07 Ultra Torque?
  • Its just a crankset - it will work with any 9 or 10 sp setup be that Campag, Shimano or SRAM.

I predictor Lotto... I predictor Lotto!
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • GaryGkn
    Good good the guy at Parker scared me a bit about the CT bit on the front deraileur only working with the new QS Levers I was a bit shocked.
  • GaryGkn
    Will I need to get the CT front mech?
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    If you're using non-QS Ergos then you can practically get away with any front mech - Campag, Shimano or SRAM. A normal front mech should be OK, but alignment is a bit more critical with a compact - the CT version has a slightly different shaped cage for slicker shifting.
  • GaryGkn
    Well I was thinking that if I bought the 2006 CT front mech it would work with the 2006 levers?
  • Garybee
    Garybee Posts: 815
    That will work fine as well.

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.
  • GaryGkn
    Cheers everyone seems like I had a bit of a false alarm!
  • polglase
    polglase Posts: 223
    Paul Hewitt is presently converting my bike to compact. I have old Daytona transmission (2001). Aside from new cassette and chain, which I am replacing as he is also building me new wheels, I am only changing the chainset to a compact. He is confident my 53/39 Daytona fromt mech will work with 50/34.

The only problem appears to be a supplier drought for 2007 Centaur Ultra-Torque with 172.5 crank arms!

Hewitt is very helpful, and his staff apologetic for a problem that appears not to be his fault.