Montpellier

waltho bum gravy
waltho bum gravy Posts: 153
edited June 2007 in Tour & expedition
I'm off on a week's break in Montpellier with the missus at the end of the month. There are bikes at the villa we're in so obviously I'm looking to use them at least a couple of times during the week. Not sure exactly where we're situated, but seem to remember it's to the North of Montpellier. Does anyone have any suggestions as to some good day rides/loops? Is the Cirque de Navacelles do-able in a day? Anywhere else within striking distance? I don't necessarily want to go to along the coast East of Montpellier, as I've been along there before and would like to try somewhere different.

Comments

• wotbus@
    wotbus@ Posts: 301
    [:)] Without knowing your base, your level or the condition of your bike's there's not much to go on [;)]
    Both Nimes and Ales are lovely towns worthy of visit. Ales has famous Bamboo Gardens if you are into that sort of thing. NE you have Millau where the highest bridge in the world has recently been opened - worth a visit while you are there even if not by bike.
    http://www.leviaducdemillau.com/index.php4?lang=FR
    Have fun [8D]
  • thanks. i've done the millau viaduct before as it happens, so perhaps would look for somethnig else. i'm not in bad shape, 80-100 miles loop would be the sort of thing i'm looking for. however the bike issue is one that i can't give you further clarification on. they belong to the people who own the villa. they are likely to be reatively good though as they are fairly active people.