heeeeelllllp on Avid Juicy 5s

Unknown
edited December 1969 in Workshop
I ordered some juicy 5s in an IS mount, only to decide to buy a Marz fork with post mount DOH!!! I have a post mount bracket, but the bolts aint long enough. From the SRAM website the part I need is a bolt kit (number 11.5320.187.000) but I cant find any place that sells it.

does anybody know a good online shop I can find them?

cheers

my bikes
Terry Dolan - summer bike
Carrera Vanquish -commuter bike
Kona Cindercone - MTB

Comments

• maddog_2cp
    maddog_2cp Posts: 73
    try either:

1. chainreactioncycles

or

2. LBS

or

3. local enginneering stockist

my choice would be 3 as my local firm stock every bolt known to man, so I've bought 20 of every one.

<font size="1"><font color="purple">
    Drop bars are a historical accident...... discuss</font id="purple"></font id="size1">
    Drop bars are a historical accident...... discuss
  • if you`re running 160 mm rotors bolts should be OK as std; I changed from IS to marz post mounts and just used existing set up as supplied with std IS Juicy 5 mounts, removing the IS adapter. The mounting is for std post mount but sold with IS adapter

JamesB MTB
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Mmm cant find that part number.

and what actually is the problem? what is the disc size?

here are a few correct numbers for you. mounting hardware for standard fit 11.5363.022.200

if you want to use 185mm disc on a post mount fork you need this adaptor 11.5372.302.300 and this 11.5310.187.000 bolt kit. or you could use the ones with the caliper and use longer bolts from the hardwear store.

should have you sorted.

nick
    <hr noshade size="1">
    <center> "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail." </center>
    <center><font size="1">
    [:)] [:X] [}:)] [:D] [xx(] [:0] [:p][8][:o)] [:(!]
    <font color="brown"> Sheldon Brown</font id="brown"> <font color="blue">Park Tools!</font id="blue"> <font color="black">Spoke Calculator</font id="black">
    older than an old thing that is very old</font id="size1"></center>
    [?]
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nicklouse</i>

M

if you want to use 185mm disc on a post mount fork you need this adaptor 11.5372.302.300 and this 11.5310.187.000 bolt kit. or you could use the ones with the caliper and use longer bolts from the hardwear store.

should have you sorted.

nick
    <hr noshade size="1">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have 185 mm dics and the bolts are not long enough to fit them onto the forks, I have the correct adaptor (came with the kit) just need the longer bolts, hmmmm off to the hardware store for me I think

my bikes
    Terry Dolan - summer bike
    Carrera Vanquish -commuter bike
    Kona Cindercone - MTB