What have I missed?

spatter
spatter Posts: 262
edited May 2007 in Commuting chat
My bike's been like totally broken for four weeks (I only have one). What have I missed?

Comments

• dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    Quite a lot of rain.

Baby elephants? Pah!!
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Lots of potholes.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • Wolf04
    Wolf04 Posts: 51
    Maintenance classes!!![:D]

They told me to take up cycling, they said I'd save money. They lied
    They told me to take up cycling, they said I\'d save money. They lied
  • WyS
    WyS Posts: 254
    people swerving into you on purpose.
  • ChrisKH
    ChrisKH Posts: 1,717
    People stepping off the pavement into the face of oncoming silent cyclists. Like I just did. You think I would know better.

Baby elephants are so last year, darling.
    Baby elephants are so last year, darling.
  • dondare
    Allergens. The air's been full of them for weeks.

Baby elephants? Pah!!
  • magnatom
    magnatom Posts: 492
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ChrisKH</i>

People stepping off the pavement into the face of oncoming silent cyclists. Like I just did. You think I would know better.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I wasn't silent. I made a particularly manly <i>woooaw</i> sound.

Maybe I should invest in an airzound......[:D]
  • CycleLal
    CycleLal Posts: 431
    a very large (well, 20 odd) troop of what looked like foreign students pootling across Waterloo bridge last night. I thought it might be the Romanian version of Critical Mass but actually I think they were just on a pootle. Needless to say I left them all for dust in the bus lane.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spatter</i>

My bike's been like totally broken for four weeks (I only have one). What have I missed?

The inspiration to fix it.

If it doesn't fit, force it.
  • Litespeeder
    Litespeeder Posts: 55
    The shorter commute times ........
  • spatter
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Commuter</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spatter</i>

Thanks for the support. It's quite hard to fix a broken aluminum frame with my soldering iron but I'm getting there.
  • dondare
    Mend it with a new frame.

Baby elephants? Pah!!
  • spatter
    That's a good idea. If only the lovely people at Trek thought like that. They take three weeks to send a new (warranty) frame and then forget to include a part which will take another 10 days, they say.....
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spatter</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Commuter</i>

Thanks for the support. It's quite hard to fix a broken aluminum frame with my soldering iron but I'm getting there.
    Gaffer tape?
  • Martin rower7
    Martin rower7 Posts: 157
    If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

[:D]

You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me.

You\'re just jealous because the voices are talking to me.