Shrugging Shoulders

breszh
breszh Posts: 185
edited May 2007 in Commuting chat
On my way to work today, straight road, good visibility, about 25 - 27mph in a 30 zone, an articulated lorry (big sod) starts to overtake me. Half way past me and he swerves sharply towards me. I was about a metre out so took emergency action, slowed and pulled in. Nutter would have crushed me had I kept going as his wheels ended up less than a foot from the kerb.

As usual, 200 yds down the road and he's stuck at lights. I approach the cab and the following exchange:-
Me: You need to give more room, you nearly crushed me back there.
Driver: I didn't see you (he'd just frickin passed me!)....the car coming towards me pulled out to pass a parked car.
Me: What? You're happy to crush me so long as your lorry doesn't get marked?
Driver shrugs shoulders.

I cycled off muttering, but got more annoyed about it the closer I got to work.

Spleen vented, thanks for listening.

Comments

• Mosschops2
    Mosschops2 Posts: 1,774
    Good effort on the staying calm, and vent!!!! Double bonus points!!
    And..... breathe!!!

<font size="1">Have you ever tried pressing Alt+F4 ??</font id="size1">
    baby elephants? Any baby elephants here?? Helloo-ooo
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Damn, glad you avoided that one Breszh!

Was it a liveried lorry? Because a) it would have been on my video camera and b) regardless, I'd also have taken mobile phone pictures of his no. plate, lorry markings, and the driver's face, and then written a letter to his company.

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • I would have thought about taking some more direct action against the driver, but I'm a wuss at heart so would probably have just thought about it instead ;)

Hmm?
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    ... some would say ' carry a small knife and cut off the valve to his nearside tyre' then move off laffing at him.... but I wouldn't, no, no, defo not........!
  • zimzum42
    zimzum42 Posts: 8,294
    Learn how to disconnect a trailer from it's tractor unit.........

[:D] www.addiscombe.org [8D] [8D] www.darhotwire.com [8D] [8D] www.muzikmedia.com [:D]
    My Bikes My Commute
  • breszh
    breszh Posts: 185
    Some great suggestions and food for thought, but burly truck drivers aren't my favourite people to pick fights with, lol.

The lorry wasn't liveried at all, plain white all over, I looked for a plate when it had passed me, all I could see was one half way up the back of the trailer, which although a number plate, it looked a permanent fixture on the trailer, and was something like AIT 429.

These video camera's do seem to be increasing in appeal...