RLJ's and Killing Kittens

2»

Comments

• chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Aidy wrote:
    Meh,
    Almost as bad are those "friendly London" bus stop adverts, with a cyclist going "I won't jump red lights", and a taxi driver going "I'll check my mirrors". Always tempted to graffitti them to "... and neither will I".

In my experience, and I do commute through London, is that there aren't *that* many cyclists who jump lights. And certainly very few cyclists where it will inconvenience/endanger others.
    I see every type of vehicle on the roads jumping lights on an every day basis, I really don't reckon there'd be such a song and dance about cyclists if the press didn't go on about it all the time, and if people didn't pull stupid stunts like this.

Yes, but patronising us with stupid arguments is the government way.

I'd like it better if you had an MP stating "I won't commit fraud at the taxpayers expense" next to a benefits cheat declaring they'll report if they do some paid work, but that would never come to pass....MP's and peers not committing fraud, I mean.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    chuckcork wrote:
    I'd like it better if you had an MP stating "I won't commit fraud at the taxpayers expense" next to a benefits cheat declaring they'll report if they do some paid work, but that would never come to pass....MP's and peers not committing fraud, I mean.

That's almost too tempting NOT to do. :)