Motorcyclists in bus lanes

Wobblescp
Wobblescp Posts: 358
edited May 2007 in Commuting chat
Brixton bus lane where m/cycles are allowed to go as well as cyclists and buses.
Why is there always some arrogant cock that thinks that they have to give you full blast on their horn when speeding past even tho they've got half the lane left to do so. I was holding a straight line and not hanging around.
Then decides he wants to 'give me a fight' at the next set of lights just cause I gave him a w#nker sign in response to him initiating it all with the finger. Then the t#sser kicks my back wheel as he rides off.

What a piece of poop[V]

Comments

• dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    He has a horrible life.

Baby elephants? Pah!!
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • BlackandBlue
    BlackandBlue Posts: 1,467
    And God wil kill his kitten.
  • This is why I wrote to my MP about this - letting motorbikes into one of the only pieces of road cycists can find some level of safety and comfort is ridiculous, dangerous and smacks of a government bowing to pressure from vehicle lobbying groups both car and motorbike who both want motorbikes in bus lanes.

I know it is totally unrealistic, but wouldn't it be nice if the people responsible for voting on this legislation cycled in Wobbles' bus lane with the motorbikes screaming past inches from their bars before they voted on this? I'm pretty sure a fair few cycle lanes whould all of a sudden become less like death traps too!

• Wobblescp
    Wobblescp Posts: 358
    I ride a m/bike myself and would have previously welcomed the idea of bus lanes being opened for them, but I'm becoming less and less convinced that it's such a good thing; having been increasingly subjected to the selfish actions of the minority of idiots like matey yesterday.
    Jacomus is right.....I'd love to see their reaction if the roles were reversed.
    So many people have absolutely no idea of just how vulnerable cyclist are.....pipe dreaming for a moment - wouldn't it be good if there was a compulsory period per year people had to spend on a pushbike, just so they know what it's like. Never happen of course[:(]
  • paulwood
    paulwood Posts: 231
    same problen in Finchley Road A41, esp the ones who love to fly past on the inside.

Mind you it is good fun to push in amongst the tightly packed motorbikes that have encroached into the cycle box at the ASL and try an inelegant insecure trackstand. Can see their eyes counting the cost of all the plastic if they fall over. Hopefully encourage them to keep out of the box next time.
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    LOL, paul, that is devious!

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • squiredcp
    squiredcp Posts: 964
    Motorbikes in the Streatham/Brixton Bus lanes can definitely be a hassle. In fact they are probably the primary risk. Once you get past Brixton (heading towards London) other cyclists are the big danger, as many of them ride like loonies.

I have to say though that most of the motorcyclists using bus lanes are fine. The one thing that does annoy me though is when I get to the ASL and can't actually fit into it because it is full of motorbikes, so I get stuck breathing in their fumes until the lights turn green.
  • miffedcp
    miffedcp Posts: 315
    i live in glasgow so no m-bikes legally in bus lanes but I dont mind them in ASL. As long as everyone is considerate then I dont have a problem, you get good banter from sprinting against/drafting behind/loosing hopelessly to/catching them up at the next set of lights- when cycling down Great Western Road.

Bikers always are friendly and considerate around here,

j
  • Hackbike 6
    Hackbike 6 Posts: 3,116
    Trouble is a lot of times motorcyclists aren't considerate.

<font color="green"><font size="1">Hackbike 8 Commuting Debut 09/09/2006</font id="green"></font id="size1"><font size="1"><font color="blue">Dawes Audax 2006</font id="blue"></font id="size1"><font size="1"><font color="green"> New 20/09/2006</font id="green"><font color="red"> </font id="red"></font id="size1">
    <font color="blue">
    <font size="1"><font color="red"> Cycle Commuting since 1981 </font id="red"></font id="blue"></font id="size1">
    <font color="blue">
    <font size="1">Cycling Proficiency Test 24 May 1977</font id="blue"><font color="red"><font size="1"> (30 years ago)</font id="size1"></font id="red"></font id="size1">

<font size="1"><font color="red"> Ride to work part 1 of 8 http://tinyurl.com/ypjapc</font id="size1"></font id="red">
    <font color="red"><font size="1">Ride to work part 2 of 8 </font id="size1"></font id="red"><font size="1">http://tinyurl.com/2jfagu</font id="size1">
    <font color="red"><font size="1">Ride to work part 3 of 8</font id="red"></font id="size1"><font size="1"> http://tinyurl.com/2jcldv </font id="size1">