Nearly left hooked

graeme_s-2
graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
edited May 2007 in Commuting chat
I was nearly left hooked this morning on the way into work. First time it's ever happened to me. You can see my route and the driver's here:

Custom Google Map

I wasn't indicating, as that would imply I was taking the first left turn (which the driver was taking), and once I've cleared that there's no where for me to go but left onto the next road. She passed me indicating left, then slowed and started to swing into the first road while I was directly behind her.

I'd only just left the house so was a bit dozy still, but slammed on the brakes, locking up my back wheel and sliding up the inside of her car. She'd obviously seen me and came to a halt at that point, so I came off the brakes, jinked past the nose of her (now stationary) car and continued on my way.

It seemed like she just saw me in her passenger side mirror at the last second as she was turning, and that's the only reason she'd stopped. Having just passed me I'm not sure where she expected me to go!

The only thing I can see that I could do to prevent this happening again is to take the primary position there, which might be a bit awkward. The majority of the traffic that goes left there takes the same route as me, hardly anyone takes the left that she did.

Comments

• dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    Perhaps she was still a bit dozy too.

Baby elephants? Pah!!
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    I've had this , then a shout from the driver that I "wasn't indicating"!

What, indicate to go straight on? Idiot.
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I've had this , then a shout from the driver that "You saw me indicating"! in an aloof tone!!

SNAPS
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    Stone me.