DHB - Wiggle - Bibshorts

simon johnson
simon johnson Posts: 1,064
edited June 2007 in Workshop
Anybody using the recently reviewed bibshorts from wiggle, at a meager œ30 I think they look good value.

Any views?

Where's me jumper?
Where\'s me jumper?

Comments

• BigBren
    BigBren Posts: 145
    Yep - I have them and they do the job just fine.

Bren
  • DLB
    DLB Posts: 631
    I'm pretty much a noob so i'm not sure how useful what i say will be...

I have two pairs of bibshorts (one from decathlon) as well as a couple of sub œ20 shorts by lusso. What i can say is that the wiggle ones are easily the most comfortable and best made. The pad seems comfortable compared with my other ones. How they compare against more expensive ones, i've no idea...

*** Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right ***
    *** Whether you think you can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right ***
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    I just bought a pair and they seem very good value for money. I haven't worn them on the bike yet.....if it would only stop raining :-(

Neil
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • freddered
    freddered Posts: 391
    Superb value and comfy.
  • simon johnson
    Good stuff, roll on payday.....
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I'm on my second pair. I've only tried a couple of other cheap pairs of shorts, but the DHB ones have been by far the best. I have a fair amount of DHB clothing and it's all been comfy, well made and good value for money.
  • stephec
    stephec Posts: 795
    DLB, what model of Decathlon shorts do you have, are they the bibs that cost about œ25 with the decent pad?

If they are, are the DHB ones much more comfortable?
  • DLB
    DLB Posts: 631
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by STEPHEC</i>

DLB, what model of Decathlon shorts do you have, are they the bibs that cost about œ25 with the decent pad?

If they are, are the DHB ones much more comfortable?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No i bought the ones which were really cheap (about œ12). wish i'd gone for the œ25 pair now.

*** Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right ***
    *** Whether you think you can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right ***
  • nathanb74
    nathanb74 Posts: 270
    Have 2 pairs and very happy with them. Combined we a good saddle will give all day comfort.

Previously Brisbane, Australia now East Sussex UK
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    ...yep, here to. Excellent for under œ30. Prendas have some santini twist gel B/S at œ45 which are v good as well...
  • dakidcp
    dakidcp Posts: 744
    I have a couple of pairs of these (one of the very few cycling clothing manufacturers who make clothes large enough for me!), and I would definitely recommend them. In fact, I have recommended them to a colleague! [:)]

<hr noshade size="1">"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    <i>Mark Twain</i>
    <hr noshade size="1">"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    <i>Mark Twain</i>
  • andrewgturnbull
    andrewgturnbull Posts: 3,861
    Hi there.

The dhb stuff is very good value for money. Well fitted, comfy, and after 6 months abuse still looking new.

Use paypal though!

Cheers, Andy

http://www.stirlingtri.co.uk
  • simon johnson
    Their sizing puts me at a small - 5'9, 92cm chest- has everybody found their sizing to be ok?

I'm also thinking of getting the rain jacket - any users?
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Kinda wishing I'd ordered DHB from Wiggle instead of Assos from Ribble.
    At least I'd have had them the next day. Its been over a week now....
  • simon johnson
    I've not used them before, but heard mainly good things. Not sure about the sizing though??
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • mambcp
    mambcp Posts: 4
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by simon johnson</i>

I've not used them before, but heard mainly good things. Not sure about the sizing though??
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Not sure about the bib shorts but I've got the ordinary dhb shorts in L (= Large) size. I'm about 6'2" with a (large!) 36" waist and they're a snug fit. Wasn't sure whether to go for the next size up but I think the ones I've got are about right. For the price the quality seems to me to be very good but I haven't got a really expensive pair of shorts to compare them with. Am thinking of getting a pair of 3/4 bibs if the weather continues as cold as this. Anyone on the forum got a pair of these?
  • MabBee
    MabBee Posts: 40
    going by the sizing chart (both waist and height) I am a small, but I ordered both a small and a medium and found that medium was the best fit.

Interstingly, the chamois in the small pair was completely different to the one in the medium pair -- different colour, material and shape. medium has a grey coloured chamois with no terr-towling wings or front. Small had a red chamois complete with terry-toweling wings and front.
  • simon johnson
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MabBee</i>

going by the sizing chart (both waist and height) I am a small, but I ordered both a small and a medium and found that medium was the best fit.

Interstingly, the chamois in the small pair was completely different to the one in the medium pair -- different colour, material and shape. medium has a grey coloured chamois with no terr-towling wings or front. Small had a red chamois complete with terry-toweling wings and front.

Did you return the small ones and were they OK with that? I've just ordered both but plan on returning the ones that don't fit.

Where's me jumper?
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mamb</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by simon johnson</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Not sure about the bib shorts but I've got the ordinary dhb shorts in L (= Large) size. I'm about 6'2" with a (large!) 36" waist and they're a snug fit. Wasn't sure whether to go for the next size up but I think the ones I've got are about right. For the price the quality seems to me to be very good but I haven't got a really expensive pair of shorts to compare them with. Am thinking of getting a pair of 3/4 bibs if the weather continues as cold as this. Anyone on the forum got a pair of these?

I do - wore them today, they're excellent. No complaints at all.
  • nathanb74
    nathanb74 Posts: 270
    I'm a 32" waist and 40" chest and the medium is spot on

Previously Brisbane, Australia now East Sussex UK
  • simon johnson
    Arrived this morning, snug fit and seem good quality. Ordered Thursday morning and arrived Friday - excellent service.

Also ordered the dhb rain jacket aswell. Let you know what I think soon, will be riding this Sunday and rain is forecast!
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155

Arrived this morning, snug fit and seem good quality. Ordered Thursday morning and arrived Friday - excellent service.

Also ordered the dhb rain jacket aswell. Let you know what I think soon, will be riding this Sunday and rain is forecast!
    Same here!
    Though I should have sized up, I'm 5'9" 34" waist and 40.5 chest and the medium is just too snug and short in the back, the straps feel tight on my shoulders. Wish I'd been smart and ordered a large as well, s'pose can do that tonight and return the others. Seem well made.
    Also got the Northwave Heart shirte in black, size larg and that's just OK on my funny shaped body [:D]

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1

Fab's TCR1
  • simon johnson
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fab Foodie</i>

Same here!
    Though I should have sized up, I'm 5'9" 34" waist and 40.5 chest and the medium is just too snug and short in the back, the straps feel tight on my shoulders. Wish I'd been smart and ordered a large as well, s'pose can do that tonight and return the others. Seem well made.
    Also got the Northwave Heart shirte in black, size larg and that's just OK on my funny shaped body [:D]

Fab's TCR1

I ordered both small and medium, I'm 5'8 with 36 inch chest. I've already sent the medium sized back. For some reason I need in large in Campag clothes, Italians aren't that small are they?

Where's me jumper?
    Where\'s me jumper?