Seatpost adjustment

davecooper
davecooper Posts: 290
edited May 2007 in Workshop
Can anyone give me some advice on adjusting the Specialized Pave seatpost? The Specialized blurb tells you to adjust the front bolt and then tighten up fully on the rear bolt and if adjustment is not correct, loosen off the rear bolt and adjust the front one again etc
Is this the recommended method or can you use both bolts to tighten up? I have been tightening them alternately until both are tight in order to maintain the saddle in the position I want it. Any advice on adjustment would be appreciated.

Comments

• pbiggs
    pbiggs Posts: 9,232
    That is the proper method, but you do what you like as long as neither bolt or nut is overtightened or rounded.

With the similar ITM posts, it's common for users to round the 8mm nut on the front. I know because I've bought a couple of second-hand ones like that. You're less likely to do this if you use the rear bolt to tighten the clamp. Re-adjustment is a bit fiddly, but you shouldn't need to do it many times.

<i>~Pete</i>
    <i>~Pete</i>
  • davecooper
    davecooper Posts: 290
    Thanks for the advice Pete. I wondered about the rounding off issue as an 8mm spanner is not a snug fit on the bolt. Think I'll persevere with the recommended method in future.
    Thanks.