How can Eddy Mazzoleni . . .

Birillo
Birillo Posts: 417
edited December 1969 in Pro race
. . . . give away 10Kg or more to Gilberto Simoni and still beat him in the mountains? That's the equivalent of riding up the Lvaredo with 10 bags of sugar in his saddlebag. He's obviously got a new lease of life at Astana.

Comments

• ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Difference in age playing its part? Simoni rode pretty defensively all that stage, near the back of group most of the time until the final part of the last climb when he had to respond to Di Luca. Perhaps he had an off day, or he's losing it. We'll know on Wednesday.

<font color="black">london</font id="black"><font color="red">phoenix</font id="red"><font color="black">.co.uk</font id="black">
  • Because Mazzoleni's <i>prepatore</i> is one Dr Michele Ferrari?
  • Difficult to say because the Maglia Rosa group were going sllloooowwwwlllyyy. I could have kept up wit...[:o)]

well, they were going slowly anyway. I assume Gibo et al pulled back a minute or so in the last 2-3Ks?

Not that andyp is wrong of course - I've admired Eddy's domestiquing for years but he's usually peeling off long before Guerini - never would have expected him to pull this out of the (blood)bag.

Did you get planning permission for that sense of humour bypass?
  • And I get accused of cynicism? Shame on you!

d.j.
    "Like a true nature's child,
    We were born,
    Born to drink mild"