winter bikes

fast chef
fast chef Posts: 10
edited May 2007 in Workshop
hi hope you can help i need a new winter bike i have between œ500-œ600
to spend i need mudgards and a compact. or triple. i would like it to have campag stuff on. i live in the north so a bike shop or mail order would be good. the ribble bikes look good value can any one help or recomend also the trek. 1.0 looks good but i can't find it with campag on

thanks for all your help

Comments

• mousecp
    mousecp Posts: 502
    One of the guys I ride with has a Ribble winter bike and he loves it.
  • gaterz1981
    gaterz1981 Posts: 503
    I know alot of people that use Ribble bikes in the winter. I have a winter frame (old red thing) but was thinking about putting my slicks onto the MTB again and getting some guards for it. Potter about in the winter on that then and build the red one up into a better winter bike.

I work hard because millions on benefits depend on me
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/ ... 81/MTB.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/ ... rFrame.jpg
    http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/ ... rFrame.jpg
  • Mark.Scp
    Mark.Scp Posts: 514
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fast chef</i>

hi hope you can help i need a new winter bike i have between œ500-œ600
    to spend i need mudgards and a compact. or triple. i would like it to have campag stuff on. i live in the north so a bike shop or mail order would be good. the ribble bikes look good value can any one help or recomend also the trek. 1.0 looks good but i can't find it with campag on

thanks for all your help
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi there,

i have A ribble winter with the shimano tiagra groupset - great frame, great bike for the price.

Mark

In sport, losing is the end of the world .....
    la marmotte xD

In sport, losing is the end of the world .....
    la marmotte xD

• DTH
    DTH Posts: 303
    my mate got the ribble bike this winter and it's great. can't get a better spec bike for the price

if it's not dripping of your nose, your not trying!
    if it\'s not dripping of your nose, your not trying!
  • chewbyka
    chewbyka Posts: 12
    I took delivery of a special offer Ribble winter/audax bike for
    œ399.00 with Tiagra double and have now been riding it for 4 months. Very good value.
  • chriswcp
    chriswcp Posts: 1,365
    Is the weather up north so bad that you need a winter bike in (end of) May then?
  • rdaviesb
    rdaviesb Posts: 566
    Ribble recommended. Fantastic value for money, and for the budget you'll definitely get Campag Mirage or better, with bulletproof Khamsin wheels.
  • fast chef
    fast chef Posts: 10
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chrisw</i>

Is the weather up north so bad that you need a winter bike in (end of) May then?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> yes its rained all day to day and windyyyyy.