Time RXE Pedal - info please

kellys_heroes
kellys_heroes Posts: 88
edited May 2007 in Workshop
Hi There.
Just bought myself a pair of time carbon pedals..does anyone know if you can tighten the spring in both pedals,as my feet seem to come out quite easily..they dont seem as bombproof as the old Time Equipe pro pedals...any info would be gladly welcome .cheers

Comments

• Monowai
    Monowai Posts: 329
    you need to have bought the more expensive versions (RXS?) to get spring adjustment.

"Extensive medical studies now show that training is bad for you. Eat cake and rejoice!"
    Cake makes me happy
  • SteveR_100Milers
    SteveR_100Milers Posts: 5,987
    You can adjust the spring release tension on all of the RX pedals. The RXS have an additional Q factor adjsutement, which is the resistance to lateral movement or float. I have both RXE and RXS pedals, and have adjusted the spring tension on both for a looser clip in. By the way, personally I have never needed to adjust the float, so the cheaper RXE's are better value unless you have seriously dodgy knees and need to have almost no resistance to cleat movement.

<font size="1">Time! Time! It's always too long and there's never enough!</font id="size1">
  • yenrodcp
    yenrodcp Posts: 9,991
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kellys heroes</i>

Hi There.
    Just bought myself a pair of time carbon pedals..does anyone know if you can tighten the spring in both pedals,as my feet seem to come out quite easily..they dont seem as bombproof as the old Time Equipe pro pedals...any info would be gladly welcome .cheers
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Turn the pedal over and you'll see a grub like screw - get your 2.5 / 2mm allen key fit it in and turn until your at the tightest: they arrive in your hand on the loosest setting = most movement; tightening still the same movement but tighter.

[;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
    [;)] \'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]