Carbon Forks

Eat My Dust
Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
edited May 2007 in Workshop
I've noticed some "bubbling" on my forks. Does this sound "bad"?

SNAPS

Comments

• CraigUKcp
    CraigUKcp Posts: 1,209
    I would think that bubbling is just a defect in the clear coat and shouldn't be anything to be too concerned about. I have read that when the clear coat goes cloudy then this means that the joint has been over stressed and is something to be more concerned about. Whether this is true or not I'm not so certain but I'm sure someone else on the forum may be able to expand on this.

<b>My Bikes</b> Van Nicholas Quest Giant MTB

My Ebay
  • DTH
    DTH Posts: 303
    LBS

what goes up only gets harder
    if it\'s not dripping of your nose, your not trying!
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DTH</i>

LBS

what goes up only gets harder
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Err LBS. you must be having a laugh. I took my bike to them nearly 3 weeks ago. All it needed was a new chain and a service. I had to pick it up today in bits, with the recomendation that I took it to a bike shop that knew what they were doing!! I'll be posting a full rant later!!!!!

SNAPS
  • Hi CRAIG nice pics of the Bikes...call me old fashioned but judging by the size of your bikes you must be around 6ft5 - 6ft 6 ??
    or more commonly known as MANS bikes by fellow tall people..how do you find the van nicholas to ride..just bought myself a Litespeed
  • CraigUKcp
    CraigUKcp Posts: 1,209
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hi CRAIG nice pics of the Bikes...call me old fashioned but judging by the size of your bikes you must be around 6ft5 - 6ft 6 ??
    or more commonly known as MANS bikes by fellow tall people..how do you find the van nicholas to ride..just bought myself a Litespeed<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi, thanks for the compliment. I'm just less than 6ft 3ins, the VN is a 60cm frame and the Quest I picked up for a bargain price but it's 62cm and a tad too big. The Van Nic is a great all round bike, superb for long distance rides on less than perfect roads. The Quest is lighter and stiffer but over long distances it's a bit tiring.

Lucky you having a Litespeed, lovely bikes but they were out of my price range when I bough the Van Nicholas.

<b>My Bikes</b> Van Nicholas Quest Giant MTB

My Ebay