Looks Like We're In For Some Wet Whether

Alvincp
Alvincp Posts: 9
edited September 2007 in Commuting chat
Looks like we're in for some wet whether this week so remember to wear your waterproofs and mind those drain covers... Oh and one other thing, when it rains, people tend to forget how to drive, so watch out for motor vehicles too.
A. Ashman

Comments

• Fnaar
    Fnaar Posts: 1,985
    Whether the weather be fine
    Or whether the weather be not
    Whether the weather be cold
    Or whether the weather be hot
    We'll weather the weather
    Whatever the weather
    Whether we like it or not.

<b><font color="blue"><font face="Comic Sans MS">More tea, vicar?</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="blue"></b> [:D]
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Whether what?

Big H

3 Grand Bike, 30 bob legs!

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fnaar</i>

Whether the weather be fine
    Or whether the weather be not
    Whether the weather be cold
    Or whether the weather be hot
    We'll weather the weather
    Whatever the weather
    Whether we like it or not.

<b><font color="blue"><font face="Comic Sans MS">More tea, vicar?</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="blue"></b> [:D]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    well knock me down wivva feava cleva treva

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1

Fab's TCR1
  • Hackbike 6
    Hackbike 6 Posts: 3,116
    I got bloody soaked on the commute in this morning and it was bloody cold.[:(!]

Return back was windy agaist with not so much rain.[xx(]

<font color="green"><font size="1">Hackbike 8 Commuting Debut 09/09/2006</font id="green"></font id="size1"><font size="1"><font color="blue">Dawes Audax 2006</font id="blue"></font id="size1"><font size="1"><font color="green"> New 20/09/2006</font id="green"><font color="red"> </font id="red"></font id="size1">
    <font color="blue">
    <font size="1"><font color="red"> Cycle Commuting since 1981 </font id="red"></font id="blue"></font id="size1">
    <font color="blue">
    <font size="1">Cycling Proficiency Test 24 May 1977</font id="blue"><font color="red"><font size="1"> (30 years ago)</font id="size1"></font id="red"></font id="size1">

<font size="1"><font color="red"> Ride to work part 1 of 8 http://tinyurl.com/ypjapc</font id="size1"></font id="red">
    <font color="red"><font size="1">Ride to work part 2 of 8 </font id="size1"></font id="red"><font size="1">http://tinyurl.com/2jfagu</font id="size1">
    <font color="red"><font size="1">Ride to work part 3 of 8</font id="red"></font id="size1"><font size="1"> http://tinyurl.com/2jcldv </font id="size1">
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Well played Hackbike6....for keeping the image of the urban cyclist as rough, tough and ..er, other words that rhyme with 'ough.
    I'm proud of you!

Fab's TCR1

Fab's TCR1
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Alvin</i>

Looks like we're in for some wet whether this week so remember to wear your waterproofs and mind those drain covers... Oh and one other thing, when it rains, people tend to forget how to drive, so watch out for motor vehicles too.

Its my fault I've just bought a new summer bike. I bought new overtrowsers it was dry for a month, I then bought waterproof socks and again it turned dry.

If I had a baby elephant, who would take it for walks?
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Which monkey on here washed his bike? That and Aido's new bike of course!

<font size="1">My bikes
    My skates</font id="size1">

If I had a baby elephant, I'd teach it to skate.
  • Cadetcp
    Cadetcp Posts: 182
    Just got back from 65 miles Bognor to Uxbridge.
    windy for 65 miles and raining for the last 55
    and i got a puncture.

I hope its not raining tomorrow as my brother has my commuting mudguarded Syrrus.

every year it takes a little longer
    every year it takes a little longer
  • Cyclegent
    Cyclegent Posts: 601
    Wet weather is probably preferable to a wet wether.

[:D]

'Cycling in Amsterdam.is not a movement, a cause, or a culture.It's a daily mode of transportation. People don't dress special to ride their bike any more than we dress special to drive our car... In the entire 1600 photographs that I took, there were only three people in "bike gear" and wearing helmets.' Laura Domala, cycling photographer.
    \'Cycling in Amsterdam.is not a movement, a cause, or a culture.It\'s a daily mode of transportation. People don\'t dress special to ride their bike any more than we dress special to drive our car... In the entire 1600 photographs that I took, there were only three people in "bike gear" and wearing helmets.\' Laura Domala, cycling photographer.
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    50mm in one day!
  • gbyers
    gbyers Posts: 164
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cyclegent</i>

Wet weather is probably preferable to a wet wether.

[:D]

Depends wether you're well wrapped or not. [;)]

________________________________________________________________________________
    Anyone expecting to see a witty and imaginitive signature here obviously hasn't seen my username.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
  • Sheddy
    Sheddy Posts: 942
    Is it me or do cagers get more uptight when it rains ? You would think they be happy sitting in the warm and dry but conversely bad weather seems to make em more aggressive
    Too much of anything is too much for me
  • Hackbike 6
    Hackbike 6 Posts: 3,116
    Fab Foodie wrote:
    Well played Hackbike6....for keeping the image of the urban cyclist as rough, tough and ..er, other words that rhyme with 'ough.
    I'm proud of you!

Fab's TCR1

No problemo. :wink:
  • Gambatte
    Gambatte Posts: 1,453
    Wow a 4 month 'bump'.

I see the high postcount, but don't you get on here often Hackbike?
    :shock: :shock:
  • Sheddy wrote:
    Is it me or do cagers get more uptight when it rains ? You would think they be happy sitting in the warm and dry but conversely bad weather seems to make em more aggressive
    Don't know about more aggressive, but there does seem to be more of them in bad weather. Makes me wonder what all the bad weather car commuters do when the weather's fine - walk, bike, motorbike, what?
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.