D'Hont accuses Armstrong?

Eurostar
Eurostar Posts: 1,806
edited May 2007 in Pro race
This seems a bit reckless. According to Velonews Jeff d'Hont says "Frankly, if the rest of the peloton was clean, Ullrich would have won the Tour de France at least 10 times." www.velonews.com/news/fea/12319.0.html Even if both riders had been clean I doubt that Ullrich's weight and lack of motivation (compared to Armstrong) would have got him any more victories.
<hr>
<h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>

Comments

• method
    method Posts: 784
    Maybe his weight and lack of motivation were related to what he knew to be futile.
  • Bonus
    Bonus Posts: 316
    No, if he KNEW it was futile he wouldn't have turned up.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    That comment made me laugh. I presumed he meant that Ullrich would still be doped, but the rest of the peloton would be clean and <i>that's</i> how he'd win 10 Tours.
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    No, he was saying that going on natural ability alone i.e. without the use of drugs, then Ullrich probably had the ability to win it for 10 years. You're kidding yourself, from what we know now, that a certain rider was to be so dominant when in all probability everyone else was on something - unless of course you like to believe in fairy stories too?