Worst Wet Weather Tyres - GP4000

2»

Comments

• Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I have been using porace2's for a while and they have been great and no punctures yet. My mate uses conti's 4000s for ages now(no probs reported from him) and I have decided to put them on my new bike this week. Time will tell though.

Brian B.
    Brian B.
  • Mollie
    Mollie Posts: 90
    I've used Fortezza Tricomps, Pro-race 2s and GP 3000s, 4000s and 4 Seasons. Of the five I found the Pro-race 2s had the worst wet weather grip. Not terrible, just not as good as the others. For the money I think the Fortezzas are excellent. Fast, grippy, maybe a bit delicate. The worst wet weather tyres I have ever used by a country mile were Specialized Turbo Pros. The slowest were Michelin Axial Bi-sports.

Tom.
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I'm sure GP4000s have only been available for around 2 years, if that. I've used them through 2 winters and have only had them slip on the occasional drain cover. I would never consider changing to another brand.

SNAPS
  • I've been using Ultra gators (25mm) on my winter bike this year - can only agree with other here that the grip is pertty poor and they're also very uncomfortable and harsh (even when only pumped up to 100psi) and they've been replaced by 26mm Panaracer Stradius Sports - good grip, reasonable rolling and much more comfortable.

This was my first foray into Conti tyres - I won't be buying 'em again.

Like some others have said - Tricomps are difficult to beat on my race/sportive bikes.

Half Man - Half.............Baked !