Online wheel suppliers for hybrid bike...?

Unknown
edited May 2007 in Road beginners
I would like to replace my wheelset on my hybrid bike.Are there any good online places than can supply me with some trekking/touring 700c wheels with a choice of hub/spokes etc...?

I would like to be able to bulid up my own and learn how to true wheels etc but am still very afraid.

Comments

• There are lots of good reports about Stif, certainly with regards to MTB wheels anyway. Might be worth contacting them?

My roadie- http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id ... 513&size=o

my pics- http://www.flickr.com/photos/17009412@N00/?saved=1
  • cooper.michael1
    cooper.michael1 Posts: 1,787
    www.allterraincycles.co.uk has an online wheelbuilder section, you can choose everything.

Hybrid, it could take MTB hubs (135mm) or it could take road hubs (130mm)...that is the measurement between the rear dropouts. Check this before you order.

Coops
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    A lot of places will have the M:Wheels Mavic A319/Shimano Deore set. They are pretty nice, but are never discounted, so you might as well buy them from your LBS. You could also check out Spa Cycles. Their wheel builds are top notch.
  • PHcp
    PHcp Posts: 2,748
    Why online?
    If it's an option a local wheelbuilder would be better. Save the cost of postage, closer to return if there's a problem (can happen with any wheelset, not necessarily the builders fault) cheaper to replace when the rims wear out and face to face advice.
    If you say where abouts in Yorkshire you are, someone will probably be able to make a recommendation.
    If you do go online, these from Spa Cycles look good value.
  • A - W
    A - W Posts: 253
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PH</i>

Why online?
    If it's an option a local wheelbuilder would be better. Save the cost of postage, closer to return if there's a problem (can happen with any wheelset, not necessarily the builders fault) cheaper to replace when the rims wear out and face to face advice.
    If you say where abouts in Yorkshire you are, someone will probably be able to make a recommendation.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Agreed. [:)]
    FCN 10