EVery cloud has a silver lining...

wastelander
wastelander Posts: 557
edited May 2007 in Road beginners
After getting punted off of my CAAD5 on Wednesday night I took the bike to Race Scene in Barnsley to get it checked over which confirmed the worst...frame twisted and the rear wheel written off along with the 105 rear mech. So - I got fitted up for a new frame to find that for the past year I'd been riding a bike at least 1 size to small all around! 45 mins on the Basso jig and I was measured up for a new bike, salvaging what kit I could from the written off 'Dale.

Sooooo - a new frame it is then...and I couldn't resist it, not matter how hard I tried, when Freddie put a Somec Titano in my hands! I'd seen this when the g/f's bike was built a few weeks ago and fell in lust with it then. Titanium main tubes with a carbon monobox rear triangle and fork. Mmmmmmmm! Well, it would be a shame to put naff wheels on so a set of Fulcrum Race 3's went onto the spec, along with a new Ultegra rear mech and brakes (upgrading from my 105 r/m and tektro 105 copy calipers). The old bars were too narrow and the stem to short so a Deda Quattro stem will hold a new wider set of Deda bars and finally a brand spanking new Fi'zi:k Arione saddle will finish things off. Hopefully I'll swap the current 105 STIs for a set of Ultegras before too long. The only thing is that I habe to wait until 5th June to collect the new stead...bums. Still, I'm sure that it will be worth the wait. Pics in due course.

BTW - Race Scene have a small number of Titano framesets at a ludicrous price...give them a call!

One more turn of the wheels...just one!

Comments

• Buggi
    Buggi Posts: 674
    you saw this bike a few weeks ago? are you sure you didn't get knocked off on purpose? hmmmm.....

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia