"Things are better now"

Houllier
Houllier Posts: 1,253
edited May 2007 in Pro race
So says Pat McQuaid in reaction to the recent confessions from Riis, Zabel etc.

Yes, that's right Pat, with the winners of each of the last three big tours currently under suspicion or disgraced, things are just rosy.

The mind boggles, it really does.

---*/
----?
----/>'
--(+)(+)
You'll never ride alone
---\*/
----?
----/>\'
--(+)(+)
You\'ll never ride alone

Comments

• Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    I think he could be right - doping is finally becoming avoidable for riders, whereas before they were under big pressure to do it. I think Riis' remarkably open confession, together with the pressure from his sponsor to clean his team up, is a big step in the right direction. Can't you feel cautiously optimistic?
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • kavcp
    kavcp Posts: 101
    Again I'm with Houllier. McQuaid sounded about 18 months out of date with that statement. Has he not noticed the numbers of people implicated in Puerto? Has he not noticed Basso and Landis. He obviously thinks that former T-Moblie riders confessing to EPO use = 11 year old news. Well, yes Pat, but the never tested positive mate and neither did Basso. Now, if Basso was to tell all....this is infuriating from McQuaid. The sport is in a terrible mess and he's attempting to put his head in a bucket of sand.

The current confessing, and Puerto implications are opening up a can of worms that everyone has been keeping a lid on for ages. Putting the worms back in IS NOT GOING TO HELP.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Ah yes, today is great. Jorg Jaksche wins the Circuit de Lorraine and Eddy Mazzoleni outclimbs Gilberto Simoni. Things are much better now.