sorry

Unknown
edited June 2007 in Road beginners
all sorted now

Comments

• Sorry about the post [:I]
  • road-runner
    road-runner Posts: 8,630
    You could delete your reply and then delete the opening post, PINKPONG. Click on the dustbin icon.
  • Problem solved... I hope. Can anyone help? please, I have recently bought myself my first road bike, a revolution continental race from edinburgh bike co op. I decided to change the wheels for a set of Fulcrum racing 7 from Wiggle (quite liked the look of them to be honest) anyway I put them on this morning together with a new tiagra 8 speed cassette and to be honest the freehub sounds very loud when free wheeling (clicking for want of a better discription),the original one is silent compared to this one.i have not been out on this bike yet, so surely this can't be right,can it
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Hi PINGPONG

Some freehubs are noisy, in fact possibly most, but Shimano ones are silent, Campagnolo make a noise, my Ultegra hubs are silent, my Reynolds louder than a loud thing....have added extra grease which takes the edge of the clicking, but they're still not silent.
    You'll have to get used to it.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • 2191flint
    2191flint Posts: 803
    In answer to your question, yes, the ratchet pawl on the R7's I span in a LBS recently sounded like someone had put a piece of card into the spokes attached by a clothes peg via the seat stay![;)] Do you remember those days? Ah, jumpers for goal posts...

A turkey is just for Christmas, not for life.

Me and my bike- http://aolpictures.aol.co.uk/galleries/flintosaur9/
    Signature free - with immediate effect.

• I think what does it is my other 3 bikes are silent compared to this
  • 2191 flint. did you sell your bike?
  • 2191flint
    2191flint Posts: 803
    Nope, not yet, she's still in my shed waiting for someone to love her as much as I do[:I] But as much as I do love her I want to start another relationship with that sexy Mortirolo! So she'll have to go eventually.

A turkey is just for Christmas, not for life.

Signature free - with immediate effect.

• longers75
    longers75 Posts: 214
    It took me a while to get used to my noisy Campag freehub after years of quiet Shimano ones.

Now I love it - I stop pedalling and use it as an early warning system for pedestrians.

<font size="1"> ~~~~~~~~~~~~</font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><i> i always wanted to cycle to work - now i want to live further away </i></font id="size1">
  • The reason why Fulcrum has this loud freehub is that it is actually a Campa-product - same factory.
  • d_c_h_w
    d_c_h_w Posts: 31
    Not all campag freehubs are noisy.

I have a pair of Khamsins which are very noisy, but also a pair of Sciroccos which are a silent as you get.

I do find the khamsins annoying when out with a group of riders, I almost feel embarrassed about the amount of racket I'm making
  • fuzzy29
    fuzzy29 Posts: 320
    <font face="Tahoma"></font id="Tahoma">Once you've been riding for a while, you'll love the louder free-hubs. The more noise, the better.[:D]

<hr noshade size="1">If I had a baby elephant, I'd ask Banksy to paint it....
    <hr noshade size="1">If I had a baby elephant, I\'d ask Banksy to paint it....
  • jw31
    jw31 Posts: 33
    fuzzy are you taking the pee?...

I actually agree with you though, been riding a road bike since Feb after 15 yrs of mtb and the noise took a little getting used to, I kinda like it.
  • fuzzy29
    fuzzy29 Posts: 320
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jw31</i>

fuzzy are you taking the pee?...

I actually agree with you though, been riding a road bike since Feb after 15 yrs of mtb and the noise took a little getting used to, I kinda like it.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Not at all, Hope titanium hubs used to be loud, so I always associated noise with quality.

<hr noshade size="1">If I had a baby elephant, I'd ask Banksy to paint it....
    <hr noshade size="1">If I had a baby elephant, I\'d ask Banksy to paint it....