casati road bike

dobocpdobocp Posts: 27
edited May 2007 in Road beginners
hi people after some advice ! might have œ2000-2500 to burn on a new bike.anybody out there has ridden ,or has casati bike .love some feed back if poss please.. please not interested in treks ,giants ect....

regards alan

Posts

  • Fantastic bikes! I've had three in my time and currently have a Marte frame sat in my lounge waiting to be built. Previously I've had a Geo, a beautiful fillet brazed steel frame, and a Laser, another steel framed beauty. Both of those rode beautifully, in fact I still rue the day I agreed to sell the Geo to a friend.

    I've also been fortunate enough to visit the Casati factory (four or five times now) and seen the frames being built. They remain a small, family run business and all their frames are built on site by them.

    Which one are you interested in?
  • wintwint Posts: 52
    I have a mate who has a Casati and he loves it.

    AndyP - How much was the marte frameset? I have seen one of those in a mag and it looks the business.
  • quote:Originally posted by wint

    I have a mate who has a Casati and he loves it.

    AndyP - How much was the marte frameset? I have seen one of those in a mag and it looks the business.
    I bought the frame and fork directly from Casati and imported into the UK myself. Total price, including headset and seatpin, was ?2200 I think.
  • PeteinSQPeteinSQ Posts: 2,292
    Is that a rubber (zertz?) insert in the top tube or did they just paint that part white?
    image
  • giant_mangiant_man Posts: 6,890
    ooh love the look of the Lazer. Lovely looking for a steel bike. Great features such as the internal cabling. Very nice.


    SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.
  • quote:Originally posted by PeteinSQ

    Is that a rubber (zertz?) insert in the top tube or did they just paint that part white?
    It's a hole. The idea behind it is that it aids lateral rigidity and gives a more stable ride. I don't know if it's true or not but they've developed it in conjunction with Dedacciai and have exclusive use of it for one year. I'd expect to a) see it on many more bikes next year or b) disappear without trace.
  • quote:Originally posted by giant man

    ooh love the look of the Lazer. Lovely looking for a steel bike. Great features such as the internal cabling. Very nice.
    There are some lovely features on it that show real attention to detail. The internal cabling is one as is the internal seat clamp, which they've patented. It gives the frame a very simple clean look.

    There's a very nice secondhand Laser for sale in Sigma Sport in Kingston at the moment if anyone is interested.
  • giant_mangiant_man Posts: 6,890
    That is interesting. Thanks for the heads up Andy!


    SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.
  • edwardvarlaedwardvarla Posts: 121
    quote:Originally posted by andyp

    quote:Originally posted by PeteinSQ

    Is that a rubber (zertz?) insert in the top tube or did they just paint that part white?
    It's a hole. The idea behind it is that it aids lateral rigidity and gives a more stable ride. I don't know if it's true or not but they've developed it in conjunction with Dedacciai and have exclusive use of it for one year. I'd expect to a) see it on many more bikes next year or b) disappear without trace.



    And there was me thinking it was a handle for carrying the bike!
  • giant_mangiant_man Posts: 6,890
    Ahh checked out the second hand one at Sigma Sport and it's waaay too big for me. Damn shame as it sounded really nice, with Chorus and hand built Ambrosio's. Damn it!

    The thing is, I prefer the 2006 colours for the Laser which to me were far cleaner than the 07' paint schemes. Just got to find a second hand one now! [:D]


    SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.
  • quote:Originally posted by giant man

    The thing is, I prefer the 2006 colours for the Laser which to me were far cleaner than the 07' paint schemes. Just got to find a second hand one now! [:D]
    Casati will let you specify any colour scheme you like (within reason) for no extra charge. I'm not sure if Racescene, the UK importers, will do this but if you're prepared to visit the factory in Monza then you can discuss it with them at source.
  • giant_mangiant_man Posts: 6,890
    Thanks for the info Andy, I guess you bypassed the whole 'bikefitting' thing when you got yours direct from Casati?


    SIZE IS EVERYTHING! or at least that's what my LBS tells me.
  • quote:Originally posted by giant man

    Thanks for the info Andy, I guess you bypassed the whole 'bikefitting' thing when you got yours direct from Casati?
    They'll either build to your dimensions or, if you take your shoes and pedals along, will sit you on a jig, measure you up and then build a made to measure frame for you. Their dimensions are similar to other Italian manufacturers so I had a good idea of what they'd build, i.e. 58 cm centre to centre seat tube with a 57.5 cm c-to-c top tube.
  • dobocpdobocp Posts: 27
    many many thanks people for replying. as for which model i like the casati challenge or the nova !!!!
  • ajbajb Posts: 27
    "Casati will let you specify any colour scheme you like (within reason) for no extra charge. I'm not sure if Racescene, the UK importers, will do this but if you're prepared to visit the factory in Monza then you can discuss it with them at source."

    Racescene same as buying direct.You can choose any Casati colour scheme, past or present
Sign In or Register to comment.