Cycling article in FT

Barney Wattletoes
edited June 2007 in Campaign
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/539cc88c-0555-1 ... 10621.html

"For many Silicon Valley executives, cycling is more than a way to keep fit or to take in the countryside. It is also an opportunity to network, think up ideas, even to recruit talent."

"Mr Sood's story is emblematic of the increasingly important role cycling plays in Silicon Valley's social hierarchy."

not sure but a subscription may be needed. I probably shouldn't post the entire test.

HP Velo Spirit, currently ridden above maximum design weight...

Comments

• nun
    nun Posts: 434
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Barney Wattletoes</i>

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/539cc88c-0555-1 ... 10621.html

"For many Silicon Valley executives, cycling is more than a way to keep fit or to take in the countryside. It is also an opportunity to network, think up ideas, even to recruit talent."

"Mr Sood's story is emblematic of the increasingly important role cycling plays in Silicon Valley's social hierarchy."

not sure but a subscription may be needed. I probably shouldn't post the entire test.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Joining a "gaggle of Silicon Valley tech executives" to ride some TdF stages......I can't think of a more awful prospect. The BS level would be as high as the Col du Galibier.

<i>Lone Wolf, no club afflilation</i>
  • pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    Nun,

I'm with you on that one. I'm a Brit who's lived here for 4 years, and you're right. What the article didn't mention was that - as Americans see their leisure activities in tightly bound pigeon holes - 25 cyclists drive 4 miles each in an 11mpg vehicle (or thereabouts) to the start of a ride and then back again. I see it every day. My club mates think I'm mad for actually using fairly busy roads to get to the start of a ride.

It's a very sad indictment on the way people think and live. And how they BS, of course.