How to get a Livestrong wristband

Comments

• hi, i would like a youth size band please, do you have any left? email me back, thank you xx

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>

I've got 200 bands in adult and youth sizes and I'm selling them for œ1.12 each. If you want some, here's what you do:

1) don't put your email address in this forum - you'll get spammed

2) contact me by clicking on the envelope icon above these words. I will email you back with my postal address

3) post me a fairly large envelope with your name and address on it. I will use it to send your band(s). FOR EACH WRISTBAND YOU WANT, PUT FOUR UNUSED FIRST CLASS STAMPS IN THE ENVELOPE. I will sell the stamps to cover my costs. Each band costs me œ1.00. I make a 12p profit on each one, all of which goes to Cancer Research where I work as a volunteer
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • scm
    scm Posts: 5,505
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cheltenham_Shrimper</i>

Ive tried to e-mail Eurostar about getting the address off you for the wristbands, but it wont let me e-mail you for one reason or another.

west.country.shrimper@gmail.com. E-mail me there and i'll send you everything you need for them. Cheers :)
    Assuming you're logged on, you have to have Javascript enabled for the mail feature to work. (I know ...[:(])
    --
    It is better to have loved a short person, than never to have loved a tall.
  • J_C
    J_C Posts: 714
    Thanks Eurostar, recieved the bands yesterday.

Member off C+ Lardy-arse team :- <b>Too Fat to Live...... too Young to Diet.</b>
    Give us back our Ads!
  • Can't seem to get the link to work - any ideas?
  • Eurostar,

Can you fit 2 youth bands in an envelope 22cm by 11cm?

SUPPORT LAF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SUPPORT LAF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PaulSB
    PaulSB Posts: 821
    <font size="3"><font color="red"> Could I make it quite clear that while I admire the whole Livestrong thing, I am NOT connected with this offer. Would people PLEASE stop e-mailing me as I feel duty bound to reply. Thanks.</font id="red"> [:)]</font id="size3">

<font color="blue">~~~~~</font id="blue">
    <font color="red">Paul</font id="red">
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>

Got 200 bands yesterday, including 50 youth ones, so keep those orders coming. Getting lots of orders off ebay too - here's my listing - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 26484&rd=1

But it makes me mad that so many ****heads are getting 20 quid or so for fake ones.

Ebay have removed the auction.
  • can i have 4 wristbands 3 youth 1 adult please could you email me back i am so desperate at the moment i have my stamps letter already to send just need your address Thanks[:D]
  • WearingYellow - I note that on your site, on clicking the Buy Now button, you direct browsers to a page which looks like PayPal but which doesn't have an "https" address or padlock at the bottom of the screen. Furthermore, the address bar still shows your site name and NOT the PayPal site name.

This is very disconcerting as this tends to suggest a spoof of some kind - trying to get users to enter PayPal detail.

Just a thought - you may wish to redesign your site in order to reassure users that they really are on the PayPal one, once they have clicked your button. As it stands, you may lose custom.

Please can you comment on the above - thanks.
  • Good point; I've just fixed it - its a frames redirection issue. I've made the pay pal break out the frame and correctly show the https: and you can validate its secure with the padlock as you point out should be the case.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Alzibiff</i>

WearingYellow - I note that on your site, on clicking the Buy Now button, you direct browsers to a page which looks like PayPal but which doesn't have an "https" address or padlock at the bottom of the screen. Furthermore, the address bar still shows your site name and NOT the PayPal site name.

This is very disconcerting as this tends to suggest a spoof of some kind - trying to get users to enter PayPal detail.

Just a thought - you may wish to redesign your site in order to reassure users that they really are on the PayPal one, once they have clicked your button. As it stands, you may lose custom.

Please can you comment on the above - thanks.
  • Eurostar got any youth bands i am desperate can you email me Please
  • can anyone help i want 5 wristbands 3 youth 2 adults
    can anyone email me eurostars address as he hasn't emailed me back yet i really want them Thanks
    Every one
  • do i need to subscribe to this topic to receive emails thanks for help
  • has anyone got 3youth bands 1 adult band email me asap willnikeole@yahoo.co.uk
  • scm
    No-one on here will give out other people's email addresses (or other personal details), no matter how many demands you post on here. Eurostar's given very clear and simple instructions - he specifically said don't post to the thread. If you're desperate for the bands find them somewhere else. If you're not desperate, wait for Eurostar to respond. He's probably got other things to do that are more important than doing favours for strangers.
    --
  • zimzum42
    zimzum42 Posts: 8,294
    This thread really does seem to have drawn some of the thickest people to it

Don't want to be seen wearing one of the things if everyone else sporting one is as thich as two short planks

[:D] www.addiscombe.org [8D]
  • PaulSB
    PaulSB Posts: 821
    cricketerswearthem,

I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS> PLEASE DON'T E-MAIL ME.

<font color="blue">~~~~~</font id="blue">
    www.brfcs.com - the fans choice since 1996
    <font color="red">Paul</font id="red">
  • hi not sure where the envelope icon is so clicked on this one to ask about the bands, id love to get hold of one if they havent all gone by now. when i signed up for this forum i set it so you could email me. cheers
  • i think this site is the best cycling site in the world let alone the uk what does everyone else think
  • eurostar
    i dont know if my email is working or not but have you got any wristbands left if so can you email me on caddysmine@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks
  • scm
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zimzum42</i>

This thread really does seem to have drawn some of the thickest people to it

Don't want to be seen wearing one of the things if everyone else sporting one is as thick as two short planks

I think you're being a bit unkind about short planks, zimzum![:)]
    --
  • eurostar i think my emailing is screwed so can you email me at caddysmine@yahoo.co.uk and i can send you all you need cheers thanks
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eurostar</i>

I've got 200 bands in adult and youth sizes and I'm selling them for œ1.12 each. If you want some, here's what you do:

1) don't put your email address in this forum - you'll get spammed

2) contact me by clicking on the envelope icon above these words. I will email you back with my postal address

3) post me a fairly large envelope with your name and address on it. I will use it to send your band(s). FOR EACH WRISTBAND YOU WANT, PUT FOUR UNUSED FIRST CLASS STAMPS IN THE ENVELOPE. I will sell the stamps to cover my costs. Each band costs me œ1.00. I make a 12p profit on each one, all of which goes to Cancer Research where I work as a volunteer
  • Hi, just in case you don't recieve my email, my address is trinity_007@hotmail.com - please email with your address so I can buy 2 bands from you
    Many thanks
  • Just in case you dont get my email eurostar can you email me on my address caddysmine@yahoo.co.uk with your address so i can by the bands many thanks justkeepcycling
  • skwerlcp
    skwerlcp Posts: 2,387
    A few Darwin Award potentials on this forum I think

"To start, press any key. Where's the any key"
    1021,1195,2352,????
  • i would love 1 youth band as i said before.
    email me on- jim_one_bikes@hotmail.com

thanks
    jim

www.cyclingforums.tk
    Livestrong......
  • zenzinnia
    zenzinnia Posts: 698
    Livestrong wristbands are old hat - so unfashionable now. What you need is a white Make Poverty History wristband to show you want to make a difference to our world and those in it.

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/whiteband.html

Work, work, work
    It's no way to make a living.
    To err is human,
    but to really screw things up you need a shimano - campag mixed drivechain.
  • J_C
    J_C Posts: 714
    What a fool i've been heres me thinking this was all about supporting a worthwhile charity and raising awareness when all along i've been a fashion victim. Wo is I!!!

Member off C+ Lardy-arse team :- <b>Too Fat to Live...... too Young to Diet.</b>
    Give us back our Ads!
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zenzinnia</i>

Livestrong wristbands are old hat - so unfashionable now. What you need is a white Make Poverty History wristband to show you want to make a difference to our world and those in it.

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/whiteband.html

Work, work, work
    It's no way to make a living.

Got one of each. I wear them to show support for the charity. Not as a fashion statement.