Vuelta Femenina 2024 ***Spoilers***

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 17,611

Seems rude not to have a thread

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• mididoctors

TTT win by Lidl stacking it in the final corner was a new one

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,012

Zoe B looked like she was towing the entirety of the Canyon/SRAM team round on her own.

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,026

Canyon Sram were 2 riders down before the start due to illess were they not?

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,217

Yes, they were due to start with only 6 then Neve Bradbury pulled out sick at the last minute taking them down to 5. Kasia has been sick since LBL too

• JimD666

Yeah think it was said this was the first time she'd been on a bike since. Not exactly ideal prep

• mididoctors

No you don't want your recovery training to be a 8 day stage race at the highest level

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,466

Can anyone explain what jersey Longo Borghini is wearing?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,581

Combativity - https://www.lavueltafemenina.es/en/the-race/sporting-stakes

Did she attack the barriers hardest?

• No_Ta_Doctor

Thanks, was doing my head in that she'd somehow ended up in a youth jersey at 32.

It's a Spanish race so combativity in a TTT is probably a Movistar TTT tribute award....

• mididoctors

Stage 2 eventful reduced bunch sprint ... Crash fest but inside last 3k

• No_Ta_Doctor

Crashtastic finale took a lot of riders out on consecutive roundabouts, while Kool was already in a second group (shelled on the climb?). Allison Jackson takes the sprint

• mididoctors
    edited April 29

Visma gotta be annoyed ... missing out on the work.they did splitting the bunch 30k out ...but thems the breaks

Bunch split on a longish cat 3 ...5k 4%

• JimD666

The main reason I love women’s sport? You’re rarely left wondering if they’re happy about the win 😎

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,184

The rain in Spain causing the usual havoc for pro races. Sadly, it looks like Anna Henderson was the main victim, as she DNF'd after coming down in the first crash.

• jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 751

Superb work by Kristen Faulkner coming to help Alison Jackson win.

Jackson was in 4th position as they started along the final straight, Faulkner about 12th and a good 20 m back from the front, but she accelerated past everyone, took Jackson in her tow, and then powered forward as lead-out, leaving Jackson just needing to do the last 175 m.

• No_Ta_Doctor
    edited April 30

Emma Norsgaard abandons. She got stitches in her elbow yesterday

• mididoctors
    edited April 30

S3 Grippy parcour. Vos getting the stage visma are looking for .... This peloton is way more competitive than last year

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,831

Good stages 2 and 3 to watch. 👍

• andyp

I'm enjoying seeing Flora Perkins up there and mixing with the best. She was 8th on the first road stage and 6th yesterday.

• andyp

Echelons on today's stage have blown it apart before the TV coverage has even started. 19 riders 40 seconds ahead of a second group.

• mididoctors

60 K to go will SDw persist? They are in the driving seat . Who else is with them ?

• mididoctors
    edited May 1

Lidl are going to miss EvD

• mididoctors

On an aside I can't get a non advert loaded ES stream on disco app

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,952

I have now had the same problem, possibly worse.

I have been watching Frankfurt on the app, but it’s now disconnecting, every time I try to load it.

Since Eurosport have chosen to show this race live on tv, rather than the men’s world tour race, I have had to resort to watching it on the Eurosport website.

Not happy paying 3 times as much for a far inferior product.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors

Had to log out of app and navigate 3 different attempts to find non ad stream

• mididoctors

Solid racing ....did she get the jersey

• mididoctors

Vos in red

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,831

Impressive ride to win by Faulkner, good watch.

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,217

Strange one that, ELB/Kasia/Vollering/Vas were metres away from getting on Faulkner's wheel at the top of the small climb then sat up

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 500

To me it looked like ELB was doing most of the chasing to bring the gap down then swung off to get the others to help and the gap opened again.