The Tour of it's not going past my house in Britain thread

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,477
    edited September 2023
    They're going to have a 3 hour transfer across the country after this stage. What a s*** show this race is.

Edit: there aren't any big hotels in Goole so doubt they'll come all the way across. The point still stands though. Too many stages finishing near where they start. Think I just heard Ned say today's stage is 109km. Tomorrow's stage route is terrible.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,774

Not to mention that Gloucester is South of the M4 corridor.

Eh?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,284
    Not exactly a high caliber field in depth in this race.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,406

andyp said:

Tashman said:

That's the Tour of the Midlands, innit. Nuffink down here in the Sarf

Last time I checked, Suffolk and Essex were definitely south.
    Maybe he means Florida or Louisiana?
    Anything North of Croydon is Midlands :)
  • mididoctors
    gsk82 said:

They're going to have a 3 hour transfer across the country after this stage. What a s*** show this race is.

Edit: there aren't any big hotels in Goole so doubt they'll come all the way across. The point still stands though. Too many stages finishing near where they start. Think I just heard Ned say today's stage is 109km. Tomorrow's stage route is terrible.

Early finish though ..they will be done in 15 mins
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    It's the stage race worthy of a failed state
  • mididoctors
    TdY was a great race
  • Are they almost finished? I'm not used to racing on UK time. What channel is it on?
  • mididoctors

Are they almost finished? I'm not used to racing on UK time. What channel is it on?

Itv 4
  • mididoctors
  • mididoctors
    6 k
  • mididoctors
    Narrow roads ... medieval market town ffs
  • Are they almost finished? I'm not used to racing on UK time. What channel is it on?

Itv 4
    Effing pampers advert first then.
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2023
    Politt
  • mididoctors
    Well that could have been a worse crash
  • mididoctors
    Mega jumbo
  • Jumbo made it pretty safe in the end, no contest
  • mididoctors

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,477
    Cones on the road causing a crash
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,998
    Kooij should be relegated and possibly DQd for that, he barged the DSM rider off the road (despite what Millar is saying he definitely moved over and closed the door). Not sure what is going on at Bora with van Poppel outsprinting his sprinter!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,998
    Only caught the last 3km as it was such an early finish, bit of a shambles.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,997
    Looked like a really crappy run in to the finish over the last few kms.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,090

TdY was a great race

I miss it terribly. Really was so fun when it was on - Yorkshire really leant into it.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,912
    edited September 2023

andyp said:

Tashman said:

That's the Tour of the Midlands, innit. Nuffink down here in the Sarf

Last time I checked, Suffolk and Essex were definitely south.
    Maybe he means Florida or Louisiana?
    Gloucester is in the midlands and deffo not south of the M4 corridor!
    Suffolk and Essex are in the south east.

Queenie's death robbed us of the south's stages last year.
    I realised afterwards that I meant the M 50. Don't know why I said that given it's North of the bridges!
    The route in Gloucestershire almost hits the M4.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross said:

Only caught the last 3km as it was such an early finish, bit of a shambles.

According to Boulting it was the shortest ever ToB stage.
    I think the "victim" was Tobias Lund Andresen, as he rolled in 3 minutes or so down but is on 0".
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • gsk82 said:

Not even lowly ranked pro cyclists deserve having to stay anywhere near Goole. I imagine that it will be full bore from flag drop tomorrow, simply to get away from the place.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,164

gsk82 said:

Not even lowly ranked pro cyclists deserve having to stay anywhere near Goole. I imagine that it will be full bore from flag drop tomorrow, simply to get away from the place.
    Presumably after they've had an argument about which tower is salt and which is pepper?
  • Had a great day out watching it with my son today.

Parked up at a pub near Beeston Castle and watched them come past, then took the short route into Wrexham and parked up in time to watch the finish
  • As for post race transfers, plenty of team cars got straight off on the A483 afterwards.

I know as much, as I was one of the only people to beat Jumbo Visma in a race today 😉
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,018

TdY was a great race

I miss it terribly. Really was so fun when it was on - Yorkshire really leant into it.
    As someone who has just relocated to the Yorkshire Dales, I will particularly miss this. Every small town has logos & displays as evidence of previous visits