Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,539
    edited March 10

Yes, he’s a cock

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,954

He’s the Welsh Lawrence Dellaglio.

The only thing keeping Wales in the game is the French defence.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,191

Hopefully Wales can avoid scrums and run the legs off the French fatties second half. Elias being unable to start was a definite plus.

• Pross

Hmm, double movement or was he not held?

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,030

Not held, but had 2 men outside unmarked. Dreadful decision from him, but got very lucky. Had the first French tackle been more than a wave of the arms he would have butchered the score.

French defence is dire.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,117

You can't say that the last few minutes of yesterday's games were not interesting.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross

Welsh back line looks small by modern standards

• Pross

May as well just given the try, it’s a foregone conclusion they’ll cross eventually.

Refell going off is a blow. Costelow being replaced is baffling

• gethinceri

• Dorset_Boy

Jiffy - here are a bunch of straws.....

• Pross

Substitutions have killed any hope for Wales. Really don’t know what they were thinking. A few minutes of poor decision making too. This was a winnable game at half time.

• Dorset_Boy

Wales looked like the bunch of kids they are.

Totally dominated by France in the second half, one of the most one sided halves for a while.

• gethinceri

Well that was a deserved win for France, which Wales gave away.

• pblakeney
    edited March 10
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • blazing_saddles

I was 1 point out in my score prediction. You don’t win 6 Nations matches with a bunch of kids and journeymen.

Sadly, that’s about all we have left playing in Wales and therefore eligible for selection.

• secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,854

World cup cycles talk is just rubbish. North would have made a difference today even if he had reverted to wing in place of Adams who is really below par at the moment.

That said I enjoyed the game today even if Wales are propping up the table.

• secretsqirrel

Re the bonus point system..

I thought Wales had the wooden spoon nailed having lost at least 4 of 5, where Italy has already had a win and a draw. I read now that Wales can still get off the bottom of the table on points difference and Italy not getting a point Surely a draw should be worth more than a loss regardless of BPs?

Oh well, c’mon Azzuri 🇮🇹

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,426

I'm with you really. Let's be honest with the 6 nations the "winner" is the team who does the grand slam. behind that it's just noise really. Everyone really thinks in terms of XXX lost 1, YYY lost 2 etc.

The title without the grand slam is basically a fancy draw with another team and all a bit meh to the real fans I think.

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • secretsqirrel

Yes I agree unless you are Italy and can’t seem to get a break. To finish higher than 5th would be a huge boost for both Italy and the competition.

Although I admit if it were any other team apart from Italy I would want Wales to stuff ‘em 😉

• Pross

Bonus points should just be used as a tie-breaker IMO

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,823

Where does everyone stand on Ireland being champions if they win three matches and England win four?

• I don't think it will happen but theoretically it would be a bit daft. Never been a fan of bonus points. If there is no Grand Slam then most wins should top the table, and points difference to settle any ties at the top.

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,594

England should have scored more tries if they didn't want that to happen.

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,823

Yes, of course, those are the rules, but should the rules change in the future?

• pblakeney

Nah, cos that hypothetical situation isn't going to happen. Irish win all the way just before St. Paddy's Day celebrations.

Veronese68 wrote:
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,594

No, I think it's good to reward teams that try to score tries over those that grind out results. The grand slam is the only achievement that is worth anything extra.

• blazing_saddles

Low and behold, George and Nick Tompkins return for the battle of the bottom spot on Saturday.

Still can't figure out what Gatland's thinking was behind the French selection.....

• Pross

I thought George was injured for the France match? If not it was a bit odd to replace him with a much lighter player when France are such a power based team.

• Pross

Will Rowlands dropped to the bench despite being one of Wales' better players, I felt, against France. Reffell is starting fortunately as he was by far the stand-out Welsh player - hopefully he has recovered fully.

I said before the France game that it felt a bit like they were resting some players almost in acceptance that they were going to lose and would need a full strength team to play Italy in a hope of avoiding the wooden spoon (sort of teh opposite of what teams did when Italy were cannon fodder and everyone put a second string team out against them). However, them beating Scotland has messed that up and we now need to beat them with a BP plus hope they don't get any BPs themselves. It ain't going to happen.