Cycle buddies wanted -Bournemouth and New Forest

Rockrider45
Rockrider45 Posts: 2
edited January 2017 in MTB rides
Ok so I have my new bike and looking for places to ride. Live near Bournemouth and fancy getting to know The New Forest better. I'm fairly new to biking but keen to learn and get faster. Looking for riding buddies to go out with evenings and weekends if anyone local game

Comments

• I'm based in Whiteley, Hampshire so a little far for in the week, but would be up for visiting the New Forest over the weekends.

Matt
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I ride with a local group (nothing formal!) every Wednesday from Fordingbridge. We meet at 7pm and ride for a couple of hours or so. PM me if you would like to come along :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • hi miss notax, which routes do you take?
  • I ride around the New Forest area, looking for people to bike with after work?

Hannah
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Lots of different routes - all (mostly!) off-road :D

Lots of good singletrack etc in the forest if you know where to look.....
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Great. I grew up in ringwood, I'm currently living in bournemouth but moving to fordingbridge next month.
    Where do you guys meet.
    Ta
  • http://www.dorsetroughriders.co.uk

The largest club in the area and lots of different rides, a lot from Broadstone Leisure Centre.

I don't ride with them much right now as thier calendar doesn't fit in with my family life, but they are a good bunch.
    Also a lot of the shops orgainse rides. Try Ride in Poole who do well attended ones over the Purbecks.

Myself, I live in Verwood but work in Bournemouth, and can often be out for simple jaunts around moors valley and the singletrack or further afield up to Surrey Hills, Quantocks & Wales.
  • Hi there. I've just joined this site and thought I would post here as a show of interest.

I've not long bought my 1st half decent ht mtb and am keen to get out on it more, and especially with others. But as the evening draw in I need to get myself a set of lights before I say I will hook up with any one. I live in Verwood and atm am going out around the local forests/moors valley in the mornings before work. As soon as I have a set of lights up to the job I will give a shout out to any one who don't mind me tagging along.
  • M005
    M005 Posts: 19
    Brawn wrote:
    Hi there. I've just joined this site and thought I would post here as a show of interest.

I've not long bought my 1st half decent ht mtb and am keen to get out on it more, and especially with others. But as the evening draw in I need to get myself a set of lights before I say I will hook up with any one. I live in Verwood and atm am going out around the local forests/moors valley in the mornings before work. As soon as I have a set of lights up to the job I will give a shout out to any one who don't mind me tagging along.

I live in Ashley Heath and the only time I really get to go out is early before work or after ~19h45 in the evenings - give me a shout if you want to hook up for a ride sometime.
    I have a magicshine light and find it really good, even on the lowest setting its enough for high speed loops of the Moors Valley singletrack.
  • Hi, I have just joined this site. I live in Verwood and do a lot of MTB riding in Ringwood Forest and Moors Valley. Looking for cycling buddies. As I'm self-employed I usually manage to get out mid-week during the day a few times as well as on Sundays for a couple of hours.... sometimes for the occasional night ride. Let me know if anyone wants to team up.
  • Muise
    Muise Posts: 12
    I know this thread is super old, but it came up in my google search when trying to find an MTB group in Ringwood. I haven't been able to find one, so I've set up a Facebook group to see if there is any interest out there to start a local MTB group. If you live in or near Ringwood and would be interested please join the group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ringwoodmtb