Hip issue

When drugs don't work: training and health tips!
funkydisciple

Hip issue

Postby funkydisciple » Sat Jul 13, 2019 20:56 pm

Intermittent pain I’ve got on my right leg where the hip joint is. When I push down on the pedals to go faster I feel a pinch in the hip joint on my right, not painful, more discomfort, if you know what i mean. Feels like either a nerve issue or muscle issue.

I do all my stretches etc and the pain usually comes in about half way through my rides so all suitably warmed up.

Anyone had any similar issues like that? If so, how did you remedy it?

Webboo

Re: Hip issue

Postby Webboo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 21:00 pm

Arthritis :?:

DeVlaeminck

Postby DeVlaeminck » Sun Jul 14, 2019 08:22 am

I wouldn't have thought it's arthritis if by that you mean on the way to a hip replacement - wouldn't that be more likely to present as stiffness when not warmed up initially ? Also I think it's more typically felt in the groin at first - I'm assuming the OP means the outside of the leg when they say hip ?
Holbrook Sports FC Women - sign for us

funkydisciple

Postby funkydisciple » Mon Jul 15, 2019 19:19 pm

DeVlaeminck wrote:I wouldn't have thought it's arthritis if by that you mean on the way to a hip replacement - wouldn't that be more likely to present as stiffness when not warmed up initially ? Also I think it's more typically felt in the groin at first - I'm assuming the OP means the outside of the leg when they say hip ?

The pain is in the groin area.. more front and centre of the right leg. Hope that makes sense. Don’t think it’s arthirits. Can you get it at 33?

Return to “Training, Fitness and Health”