Chpt3 JJ

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
PBlakeney

Re: Chpt3 JJ

Postby PBlakeney » Fri May 17, 2019 08:52 am

Who was clean, didn’t cheat and didn’t dope?
I’d wager not many. #cantdoitonbreadandwater
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.

Veronese68 wrote:PB is the most sensible person on here.

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Fri May 17, 2019 09:07 am

#doper
#worsttype
#dreamstealer
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Fri May 17, 2019 09:34 am

Alejandrosdog wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:all points are also undeniable fact.

#fact

Millar was def a doper and worse he tried to treat us as fools as well. (seems to work for many though)

Now i see Eurosport have Mr jiffy bag dodgy excuse Wiggins doing the Millar spot on their channel.

but he's british so we can forget all about that. never happened. walk on, nothing to see here.

#alejandroisright

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

schlepcycling

Postby schlepcycling » Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 am

Stueys wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:theres guilty by association and guilty as setting up. its the doper's company. completely different

#doper
#cheat
#liar

Glad I don’t live in this world where if you make a mistake (at a time when it was the norm), then apologise for that mistake offering full transparency on who was involved, pay a 2 year penalty with no income for it, then spend a lot of time and money campaigning to ensure that other people don’t make the same mistake - you still aren’t allowed to have any kind of career or earn an income for the rest of your life.

In cycling in that era, everyone doped. If you can’t move past that then move away from cycling, sadly it’s intertwined in the history and fabric of the sport.

Sorry but this is the worst kind of revisionist history.
He didn't 'make a mistake' he deliberately chose to dope, the needles didn't inject him by accident, nobody held him down and injected him against his will or held his nearest and dearest hostage until he doped, he did it knowingly and willingly.
He only apologised and offered full transparency after getting caught and only after firstly trying to blame his team and then the sport for pressuring him to dope like he's not a grown up who can make his own decisions but 'sir sir it was the bigger boy who made me do it'.
The two year penalty and loss of income was the very well known and presumably accepted sanction for those getting caught who decided willingly, like him that it was worth the risk so absolutely no sympathy.
Where's all this alleged campaigning that he's supposed to be doing?. All I ever see is him pushing his business interests, where's the outrage and condemnation of doping in cycling.
It's all faux piety and hand rubbing from someone who presumably would have carried on doping quite happily if he'd not go caught.
'Hello to Jason Isaacs'

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Fri May 17, 2019 11:10 am

schlepcycling wrote:
Stueys wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:theres guilty by association and guilty as setting up. its the doper's company. completely different

#doper
#cheat
#liar

Glad I don’t live in this world where if you make a mistake (at a time when it was the norm), then apologise for that mistake offering full transparency on who was involved, pay a 2 year penalty with no income for it, then spend a lot of time and money campaigning to ensure that other people don’t make the same mistake - you still aren’t allowed to have any kind of career or earn an income for the rest of your life.

In cycling in that era, everyone doped. If you can’t move past that then move away from cycling, sadly it’s intertwined in the history and fabric of the sport.

Sorry but this is the worst kind of revisionist history.
He didn't 'make a mistake' he deliberately chose to dope, the needles didn't inject him by accident, nobody held him down and injected him against his will or held his nearest and dearest hostage until he doped, he did it knowingly and willingly.
He only apologised and offered full transparency after getting caught and only after firstly trying to blame his team and then the sport for pressuring him to dope like he's not a grown up who can make his own decisions but 'sir sir it was the bigger boy who made me do it'.
The two year penalty and loss of income was the very well known and presumably accepted sanction for those getting caught who decided willingly, like him that it was worth the risk so absolutely no sympathy.
Where's all this alleged campaigning that he's supposed to be doing?. All I ever see is him pushing his business interests, where's the outrage and condemnation of doping in cycling.
It's all faux piety and hand rubbing from someone who presumably would have carried on doping quite happily if he'd not go caught.

this. very well presented.

#correct

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Stueys

Postby Stueys » Fri May 17, 2019 18:05 pm

schlepcycling wrote:
Stueys wrote:

#doper
#cheat
#liar

He sat on WADA’s panel and frequently gave talks\speeches re doping. That he’s freely invested time on anti doping is irrefutable.

I’m not defending what he did, I am arguing that everyone has a right to earn some level of redemption and in Millar’s case I believe he meets that bar.

spannerdude

Postby spannerdude » Fri May 17, 2019 20:32 pm

I only wanted to know it the JJ was any good :?
It sounds like a good product

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Fri May 17, 2019 21:09 pm

may be the best product ever but what about your moral compass?

#doper

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

PBlakeney

Postby PBlakeney » Fri May 17, 2019 21:48 pm

Was going to make flippant comment about compass wobbles, but then thought....
Is there any clothing product on the market 100% morally sound?
Slave labour, animal rights, environmentally, etc, etc...... A few enhancements really is small fish.
Last edited by PBlakeney on Sat May 18, 2019 14:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.

Veronese68 wrote:PB is the most sensible person on here.

amrushton

Postby amrushton » Sat May 18, 2019 12:37 pm

And yet Russia who are currently the Kings of state sponsored doping (other sponsors may be available) get a slapped wrist and no one here huffs about them. Other people become misty eyed when Pantani is mentioned and prob others are happy to drive in VAG cars or fly on Boeing aircraft yet somehow find David Millar to be a public enemy

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sat May 18, 2019 13:16 pm

amrushton wrote:And yet Russia who are currently the Kings of state sponsored doping (other sponsors may be available) get a slapped wrist and no one here huffs about them. Other people become misty eyed when Pantani is mentioned and prob others are happy to drive in VAG cars or fly on Boeing aircraft yet somehow find David Millar to be a public enemy

because he's a hypocritical lying doping cheat making money out of something that you can directly influence and as a cyclist should want to influence

#doper
#cheat
#moralcompass

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Svetty

Postby Svetty » Sat May 18, 2019 18:34 pm

Matthewfalle wrote:
amrushton wrote:And yet Russia who are currently the Kings of state sponsored doping (other sponsors may be available) get a slapped wrist and no one here huffs about them. Other people become misty eyed when Pantani is mentioned and prob others are happy to drive in VAG cars or fly on Boeing aircraft yet somehow find David Millar to be a public enemy

because he's a hypocritical lying doping cheat making money out of something that you can directly influence and as a cyclist should want to influence

#doper
#cheat
#moralcompass

And you never peddle your pet b0llocks beliefs on here and seek to influence people - including beginners ?
Moral compass? Ha!

#hypocrite
FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sat May 18, 2019 19:12 pm

Svetty wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#doper
#cheat
#moralcompass

And you never peddle your pet b0llocks beliefs on here and seek to influence people - including beginners ?
Moral compass? Ha!

#hypocrite

no - its a discursive forum, much like a pub. we're here to discuss things and share opinions - not follow the party line like sheep.

i don't inject things into my body to cheat other people out of their livlihoods and dreams then tell lies about it then expect people to fund my lifestyle.

#doper
#cheat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Imposter

Postby Imposter » Sat May 18, 2019 19:16 pm

Miller's ok - I like him. I know he cheated, but he paid the price and it's done with. Leave him alone ffs.

Stueys

Postby Stueys » Sat May 18, 2019 19:19 pm

Matthewfalle wrote:
Svetty wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#doper
#cheat
#moralcompass

Moral compass? Ha!

#hypocrite

no - its a discursive forum, much like a pub. we're here to discuss things and share opinions - not follow the party line like sheep.

i don't inject things into my body to cheat other people out of their livlihoods and dreams then tell lies about it then expect people to fund my lifestyle.

#doper
#cheat

No, a discussion is debating view points, being informed by others opinion and stating your own. Ideally informed by facts. All you’ve done so far is continually repeat rhetoric, with added hashtags for some reason

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sat May 18, 2019 19:30 pm

what rhetoric? are ypu saying that MFs opinions are rhetoric? Seriously?

#rhetoric
#doper
#cheat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Stueys

Postby Stueys » Sat May 18, 2019 20:12 pm

Matthewfalle wrote:what rhetoric? are ypu saying that MFs opinions are rhetoric? Seriously?

#rhetoric
#doper
#cheat

Sorry, forgot to add repetitive

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sat May 18, 2019 20:51 pm

#liar

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

SloppySchleckonds

Postby SloppySchleckonds » Sun May 19, 2019 08:13 am

Svetty wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#doper
#cheat
#moralcompass

Moral compass? Ha!

#hypocrite

You need help
I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

Return to “Road Buying Advice”