You tube cycling vlogs!

Talk about your races - Time Trials, Road Races or Cyclocross.
brandy234

Re: You tube cycling vlogs!

Postby brandy234 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 04:44 am

Bumo_b wrote:I quite enjoy Chris Miller Cycling (aussie) although took a bit of getting use to, Phil Gaimon and Francis Cade. Found GCN gets a bit samey after a while.
Durianrider, total nut job!

Agree with these.

Chris Miller's vlog is really interesting as it goes through the running of a cycle team which has gone from club racing to the Australian national series and even just won a couple of stages at the Tour de Filipinas. He has a lot of life and family stuff in there but also some gear reviews, race tactics, training, coaching and a lot of behind the scenes at races. He did a video with Vegan Cyclist in California which was cool too.

I've also been watching:

Willie Smit - one of few pros doing a cool vlog. His videography skills are good.
Cam Nicholls (Australian elite cyclist turning cycle coach) - he does a lot of training advice
Ozcycle - He's gone a bit quiet recently but he has some great videos on cycling hacks and how-to videos (e.g. waxing chains, waterproofing gear).
DCRainmaker - The gold standard for reviews of electronics such as power meters and GPS units.

Durianrider is intolerable.

amrushton

Postby amrushton » Tue Jul 30, 2019 13:18 pm

Juliet Elliot is quite good. her off-road and criterium stuff is excellent. Kymnonstop is excellent on the criterium rides but it's all a bit California with intense bespectacled guys fretting about chains etc.
Durianrider and his girlfriend(?) should be avoided. francis Cade has a couple of interesting vlogs but does anyone who make these vlogs work? It seems to be they ride about all day on expensive bikes at home/abroad decked out in the latest kit (nice work if you can get it)

Ben6899

Postby Ben6899 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 06:51 am

Some bloggers make their whole living from it. Francis Cade does often mention his job with Jam Cycling, but I also think his sponsors take pretty good care of him.

Shane Millar (Miller?), I think, is an IT consultant.
Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Fri Aug 09, 2019 20:03 pm

amrushton wrote:Juliet Elliot is quite good. her off-road and criterium stuff is excellent. Kymnonstop is excellent on the criterium rides but it's all a bit California with intense bespectacled guys fretting about chains etc.
Durianrider and his girlfriend(?) should be avoided. francis Cade has a couple of interesting vlogs but does anyone who make these vlogs work? It seems to be they ride about all day on expensive bikes at home/abroad decked out in the latest kit (nice work if you can get it)

just watched kymnonstop @ red hook crit because of this post - actually the best i've watched of this kind of thing for ages.

don't get us wrong - still not brilliant, but far more tolerable than the rest of the rubbish that is pumped out.

#alrightisuppose
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

hostman

Postby hostman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 09:34 am

Cameron Jeffers is another to add to your list :)

Seriishly

Postby Seriishly » Fri Oct 04, 2019 16:22 pm

These two cover cycling racing in Northern California

This one is mine and I am newer racer trying to learn and I hope it helps other new racers (feedback welcome)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYBqQx ... He4BhMYtw/

This one is from a CAT 1 Racer who is at a higher level and covers team tactics, has some interviews with his frienemies, and a few national level races
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIfRR1 ... j9X955iWSQ
Last edited by Seriishly on Fri Oct 04, 2019 17:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rover

Postby The Rover » Fri Oct 04, 2019 17:08 pm

Matt Stephens via sigma sports is worth a watch.

Harry182

Postby Harry182 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 03:23 am

Spindatt -
Unpretentious, eclectic chill out session with a guy who loves all things bike. Really well produced videos with exceptionally good music soundtracks.

Return to “Amateur Race”