Your Anti-Rants here

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
Wolfsbane2k

Re: Your Anti-Rants here

Postby Wolfsbane2k » Fri Oct 11, 2019 21:52 pm

Slowbike wrote:Little Slowbike still wanted to ride to school this morning - it was raining - it didn't put him off ...

We were quite lucky, there was a break in the rain right on the time we needed to go ... :)

Oh - and the car that came out of the estate behind us, waited patiently for us, then stopped at the main road crossing to let us across :)

Great to hear!
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

thistle (MBNW)

Postby thistle (MBNW) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 06:00 am

redvee wrote:After breaking the chain mid-ride on Thursday I had to resort to the bus and train to get to work, total cost for the 10 mile journey £1.20 :D The revenue inspector on the train didn't want to collect any revenue but no way of evading the fare on the bus for the 6 minute journey.

Blimey.
5 mins on the bus here (home to train station) is about £4 because they want everyone to buy day/weekly tickets. I'd rather run/walk/cycle.

redvee

Postby redvee » Sun Oct 13, 2019 01:22 am

thistle (MBNW) wrote: Blimey.
5 mins on the bus here (home to train station) is about £4 because they want everyone to buy day/weekly tickets. I'd rather run/walk/cycle.

Tickets bought in advance on the app for the bus company are cheaper but you have to buy them in 5's and I was about to when the bus turned up.
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Return to “Commuting Chat”