Your rants here.

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
User avatar
gbsahne
Posts: 1947
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 07:22 am

Re: Your rants here.

Postby gbsahne » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:05 am

The cat has now teamed up with the dog; 2am, lots of pattering in the bedroom woke me up and it appears that the cat brought a live rodent into our bedroom, who then released said rodent, only for the dog to dispatch it and then eat it.

I never wanted the pets in the first instance......

XBNM
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 15:57 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby XBNM » Fri Jun 14, 2019 08:26 am

So Highways England build a ramp on to the cycle track i ride to work and have created a very effective dam resulting in the cycle track becoming a deep lake on an unlit section in a tunnel. the guy who had just ridden through it last night tipping water out of his work boots after puncturing in it didn't seem impressed.

Reported as dangerous will see what happens

User avatar
MTB-Idle
Posts: 2002
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 19:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Your rants here.

Postby MTB-Idle » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:44 pm

I was sick for a couple of days earlier this week and decided to relieve my boredom and generally ill feeling by editing another cycle commute video to one of my current favourite tunes by the Sleaford Mods. If you aren't familiar with them then I suppose they could be described as post-industrial northern working class rap with a punk undertone.

Its from the same days footage that I used for the previous vids I have shared although these are all new sections for you and it features all the usual sights and sounds of a London cycle commute including the appearance of Rower63 once more.

Why in the rants thread? Well when I shared it via whatsapp to a few mates earlier this week Dizzydane of this parish asked me if I was angry about something. :lol: Not as far as I am aware of.

I should probably point out the NSFW/NSF small children language on the soundtrack

Tweet Tweet Tweet

It's probably not one of my better edits but I will throw it out here for you anyway. It made me feel better for doing it.

Enjoy
FCN = 4

User avatar
rower63
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 15:31 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby rower63 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 15:59 pm

:) I can only allow so many free appearances. I'll have to start charging soon...
Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
Ridley Noah FAST 2013
Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html

User avatar
MTB-Idle
Posts: 2002
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 19:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Your rants here.

Postby MTB-Idle » Fri Jun 14, 2019 22:16 pm

rower63 wrote::) I can only allow so many free appearances. I'll have to start charging soon...


I was on my way to work last week and saw my lawyer so I said good morning.

Three days later I got a bill in the post.
FCN = 4

User avatar
Cruff
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 23:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Your rants here.

Postby Cruff » Sat Jun 15, 2019 19:55 pm

Shoulder still f***ed three weeks after getting knocked off. Can TT on it fine, but clearly not race-ready, after being unable to get out the saddle to sprint up the tiniest of drags in my first race back tonight. Binned it after three laps. And it p**sed down do I got wet. And I have a goal race coming up in three weeks. That driver has totally ruined my season :(
Fat chopper. Some racing. Some testing. Some crashing.
Specialising in Git Daaahns and Cafs. Transplanted Laaandoner.

User avatar
MTB-Idle
Posts: 2002
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 19:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Your rants here.

Postby MTB-Idle » Sun Jun 16, 2019 20:46 pm

MTB-Idle wrote:I was sick for a couple of days earlier this week and decided to relieve my boredom and generally ill feeling by editing another cycle commute video... <snip>


I've been literally inundated with no requests to edit a Badger remix so here you go. And just remember; you asked for it.

Tweet Tweet Tweet (Badger remix)
FCN = 4

essexian
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:19 am

Re: Your rants here.

Postby essexian » Mon Jun 17, 2019 03:27 am

MTB-Idle wrote:
MTB-Idle wrote:I was sick for a couple of days earlier this week and decided to relieve my boredom and generally ill feeling by editing another cycle commute video... <snip>


I've been literally inundated with no requests to edit a Badger remix so here you go. And just remember; you asked for it.

Tweet Tweet Tweet (Badger remix)


Ta. Interesting to see the "Super Highway." I left London in 1988 when there was no such thing.

Just out of interest, who is the music by? There are a few bands it sounds like (The Rakes being one of them) but I couldn't place my finger on it.

User avatar
MTB-Idle
Posts: 2002
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 19:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Your rants here.

Postby MTB-Idle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:17 am

Backing track by the Sleaford Mods (I'm assuming you mean the main thing and not the badger piece).

Pretty brutal band but I like them. If you are interested then Google 'Jobseeker + Jools Holland' to watch a great performance by them on Youtube.
FCN = 4

elbowloh
Posts: 1812
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 13:53 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby elbowloh » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:57 am

MTB-Idle wrote:Backing track by the Sleaford Mods (I'm assuming you mean the main thing and not the badger piece).

Pretty brutal band but I like them. If you are interested then Google 'Jobseeker + Jools Holland' to watch a great performance by them on Youtube.

I didn't really know much about them, but then saw them supporting the Stone Roses at Wembley stadium a couple of years back. Very stripped down, but powerful stuff.
Felt F1 2014
Felt Z6 2012
Red Arthur Caygill steel frame ??
Tall....

Slowbike
Posts: 8099
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 09:26 am

Re: Your rants here.

Postby Slowbike » Tue Jun 18, 2019 13:09 pm

OT Rant ....

I've been asked to turn the heating on in the office ...

It's the middle of June, temperature is >22°C and I'm wanting the doors open to get some fresh air in ...

TGOTB
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 15:16 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby TGOTB » Tue Jun 18, 2019 13:14 pm

Slowbike wrote:OT Rant ....

I've been asked to turn the heating on in the office ...

It's the middle of June, temperature is >22°C and I'm wanting the doors open to get some fresh air in ...

You want the doors open; colleague wants the heating on. How to keep everyone happy?

Simples: Turn the heating on *and* open the doors.
Pannier, 120rpm.

Slowbike
Posts: 8099
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 09:26 am

Re: Your rants here.

Postby Slowbike » Tue Jun 18, 2019 13:38 pm

TGOTB wrote:You want the doors open; colleague wants the heating on. How to keep everyone happy?

Simples: Turn the heating on *and* open the doors.

You don't know the boss ... :shock:

awavey
Posts: 2045
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 22:46 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby awavey » Sun Jun 23, 2019 23:11 pm

bad enough being close passed at high speed on a country road where there is absolutely nothing for the next mile in the opposite lane coming towards us...but then you see theyve got bikes on the roof rack :evil:

User avatar
DrLex
Posts: 2126
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby DrLex » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:15 am

That is the most disappointing one, beating the illogical motorist who stops to tell you at great length how you’ve been holding him up.
Location: ciderspace

thistle (MBNW)
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 17:37 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby thistle (MBNW) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Following on from removing the half-decent cycle lanes along a section of busy road to widen the footway on one side, my local council have now gone to the effort of grinding off the cycle lane markings on the remaining bits of cycle lane and moving them inwards 6 inches so in places the cycle lane in now about 18 inches wide.

User avatar
Wolfsbane2k
Posts: 2817
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby Wolfsbane2k » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:55 pm

thistle (MBNW) wrote:Following on from removing the half-decent cycle lanes along a section of busy road to widen the footway on one side, my local council have now gone to the effort of grinding off the cycle lane markings on the remaining bits of cycle lane and moving them inwards 6 inches so in places the cycle lane in now about 18 inches wide.


Where? That's worth a formal complaint to the council.
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

elbowloh
Posts: 1812
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 13:53 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby elbowloh » Thu Jun 27, 2019 09:00 am

The driving here was sub-optimal

around 7.31 and 27 seconds

https://youtu.be/5n9RUgyB0gs
Felt F1 2014
Felt Z6 2012
Red Arthur Caygill steel frame ??
Tall....

User avatar
Wolfsbane2k
Posts: 2817
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby Wolfsbane2k » Thu Jun 27, 2019 09:22 am

elbowloh wrote:The driving here was sub-optimal

around 7.31 and 27 seconds

https://youtu.be/5n9RUgyB0gs


could have told us it was 2:10 in ... :roll:

That's shocking.
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

User avatar
Rick Chasey
Lives Here
Posts: 43749
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 15:34 pm

Re: Your rants here.

Postby Rick Chasey » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:06 am

Wolfsbane2k wrote:
elbowloh wrote:The driving here was sub-optimal

around 7.31 and 27 seconds

https://youtu.be/5n9RUgyB0gs


could have told us it was 2:10 in ... :roll:

That's shocking.


I know comments like the one I'm about to make are annoying, but this is absolutely standard sh!t, isn't it?

I mean, so common it would be so unremarkable even I, who is wound up by pretty much anything, wouldn't really bat an eyelid.


Return to “Commuting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests