If this was a 2nd referendum, which way would you vote?

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.

If this was a 2nd referendum, which way would you vote?

Leave with no deal
9%
Leave only with a deal (eg May's deal or thereabouts)
3%
Remain in the EU
88%

Total votes: 129

SecretSam

Re: If this was a 2nd referendum, which way would you vote?

Postby SecretSam » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:50 am

Ian_d wrote:Remoaners speak so much crap

Was reading this thread with interest, intelligent discussion and then, out comes the sane voice of moderate Leavers.
fool.
Edit: last word should be t-w-a-t
--------------------
It's just a hill. Get over it.

SecretSam

Postby SecretSam » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:27 pm

rjsterry wrote: I also don't believe that remainers all voted that way for solely rational reasons, however much we tell ourselves that was the case.

Absolutely.
I know that like any political system or body, the EU is deeply flawed.
But I also knew I didn't want the kind of people who believe what's written in the Daily Heil to win.
Plus, I like being "European".
--------------------
It's just a hill. Get over it.

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Mon Sep 23, 2019 07:54 am

HaydenM wrote:The fact that both sides think they are on the rational side and the other side is full of total mentalists probably tells us that both sides are wrong. I know plenty of rational people on both sides and would be prepared to change my mind if the balance of risk changed.

Missed this one. This is the sort of worrying pseudo sanity that sounds like balanced pragmatism but isn't.

Going back to the bus analogy, if you have the driver screaming "let me drive this thing off the cliff" and someone up front screaming "no, no, no" and fighting to keep the bus on the road, you probably shouldn't take the line that because both sides think they are on the rational side that both sides are wrong.

It is actually possible that if both sides think that the other side is insane, that only one of them is right.

I have met rational people who want to leave but I have never once heard a rational reason to leave. Their rationality does not extend to Brexit because they never have any rational reasons for what they want.
Faster than a tent.......

Return to “The Cake Stop”